RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My pops got the AEM when it was first available in his stock 2015. Has 80,000 miles on it now and loves it still. IMO most of the nightmares are 1 offs from a % standpoint...sorry to those with the complaints.

Filling up my 7.3 Excursion today and spoke with another ignorant ED owner. Bone stock 2014, odo read 198,887 miles, and raved to me about his MPG and reliability. Forgot to ask him how many hours.

Who am I to tell him he is driving a fire ball EGR death trap?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Filling up my 7.3 Excursion today and spoke with another ignorant ED owner. Bone stock 2014, odo read 198,887 miles, and raved to me about his MPG and reliability. Forgot to ask him how many hours.

Who am I to tell him he is driving a fire ball EGR death trap?
Give it rest already! When you get on an airplane, do you check all the maintenance records, recalls, fixes.... on that model airplane prior to boarding? No???? Oh, your IGNORANT then!! You could be flying a FIREBOMB!!!!

99.95% of drivers, have no idea what is going on with corp and their vehicles. That does NOT make them ignorant. In fact, it probably makes them smart because they are ignoring the ignorant internet garbage being spewed out like in the thread.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Give it rest already! When you get on an airplane, do you check all the maintenance records, recalls, fixes.... on that model airplane prior to boarding? No???? Oh, your IGNORANT then!! You could be flying a FIREBOMB!!!!

99.95% of drivers, have no idea what is going on with corp and their vehicles. That does NOT make them ignorant. In fact, it probably makes them smart because they are ignoring the ignorant internet garbage being spewed out like in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe things are occurring right now for the EGR recall....? I got a text from my local dealer saying parts for a recall had arrived but it was a bit vague. I'll follow up later on when I have time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe things are occurring right now for the EGR recall....? I got a text from my local dealer saying parts for a recall had arrived but it was a bit vague. I'll follow up later on when I have time.
Do you have another FCA vehicle? Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I got excited and it was something for my wife’s car

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They have the new part number. For those of us that do not want to be ignorant of facts FCA will put you on the parts notification list. All it takes is a call to “Fire In A Truck” FIAT.

·
Registered
98 Posts
They have the new part number. For those of us that do not want to be ignorant of facts FCA will put you on the parts notification list. All it takes is a call to “Fire In A Truck” FIAT.

So new part number... is it actually available though?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have 3. Probably the last!

Same. I feel the same way. What makes it more difficult is the other two (and third that I no longer own for reasons unrelated to quality) I had zero significant issue with. I tend to be loyal to a fault with things in general, but this is trying.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wow such a hothead...yelling in all caps with emphatic punctuation. Probably drinking and typing...if not even worse. Sorry to hurt your feelings...

Your response is exactly my point. As defined above 'ignorance' has different definitions and used often in rhetorical statements such as:

"ignorance is bliss"
phrase of ignorance

1. if you do not know about something, you do not worry about it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wow such a hothead...yelling in all caps with emphatic punctuation. Probably drinking and typing...if not even worse. Sorry to hurt your feelings...

Your response is exactly my point. As defined above 'ignorance' has different definitions and used often in rhetorical statements such as:

"ignorance is bliss"
phrase of ignorance

1. if you do not know about something, you do not worry about it.

Right. I think if a plane had a fire recall they would ground them. I might be wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Dude, take it easy. Ignorance <> stupid. Simply that one is not informed. And certainly not bad trying to be informed or learn something. That’s one of the main purposes of this board.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Let’s hope the date doesn’t slip till June.

The new Recall Status Guide was posted this morning. Still 4/9/2020: https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com/dealerconnect/portal/bzcontent/Parts/RecallStatusGuide.pdf

Aside from that, I was wondering about this PDF guide NHTSA has from FCA: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCMN-19V757-0602.pdf - it mentions 68483334AA being a replacement cooler. My understanding had been that was an interim fix, until a "real" fix comes out. I'm surprised it doesn't mention that. I have 68483334AA in my truck (for several months) and VB1 is not listed as fixed, so I must that it is indeed a temporary fix until a "real" fix is available. Thoughts?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The new Recall Status Guide was posted this morning. Still 4/9/2020: https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com/dealerconnect/portal/bzcontent/Parts/RecallStatusGuide.pdf

Aside from that, I was wondering about this PDF guide NHTSA has from FCA: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCMN-19V757-0602.pdf - it mentions 68483334AA being a replacement cooler. My understanding had been that was an interim fix, until a "real" fix comes out. I'm surprised it doesn't mention that. I have 68483334AA in my truck (for several months) and VB1 is not listed as fixed, so I must that it is indeed a temporary fix until a "real" fix is available. Thoughts?
Your truck is under recall. There is no fix available at this time. My dealership isn’t returning my calls. Last call was 2 months ago.

We know more on this site then those numb nuts. This is a cluster F.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question for anyone who has had the temp fix done. I just got my truck back after 46 days at the dealer, I had warranty and recall work done, the pertinent recall being my egr cooler was found to be leaking a fair amount.

Looking at my paper work, the warranty work done says "serv contract" in the amount column and the tailgate latch says "recall" in the amount column.

Now what is bothering me, is that the temporary egr cooler, valve, and manifold replacement are listed as being due to "customer concern" and is listed as "serv contract" for the amount column. Why did the dealer/FCA categorize the recall repair as service contract work?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts