RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just got an email from the President (owner) of my dealership:

Chrysler’s system has a new updated date on their system for identifying a remedy as 4/9/20

Joe, we typically don’t share target dates because they are a guide only but at least you now know what we do..

I’m with the head of Mopar right now and he feels strongly that these will get resolved in April..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Second response from my dealership. I guess I can’t complain.

Joe,
As we discussed in the past, we do not control what FCA does and how and when they do it. I can promise you though, you are the first person on our call list whenever we can perform the recall for you. Hopefully, we will be able to do this for you sooner than later.

Squeaky wheel!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Second response from my dealership. I guess I can’t complain.

Joe,
As we discussed in the past, we do not control what FCA does and how and when they do it. I can promise you though, you are the first person on our call list whenever we can perform the recall for you. Hopefully, we will be able to do this for you sooner than later.

Squeaky wheel!

What's the chances your truck burns to the ground the day before you are scheduled to take it in for the recall?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Havanajoe said May on the VB1 (EGR fix), but the link says April which is what I've been hearing all along. Who really knows for sure though? As long as it's before mine catches fire.

https://m.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/dealerconnect/portal/bzcontent/Parts/RecallStatusGuide.pdf
Read my last few posts number 41 is a cut and paste from the President of my dealership. FCA said it was pushed out to May. My dealerships owner was with the head of Mopar this week and while together he responded to my email saying April.

On another recent post one of our members stated it is cancelled indefinitely. That might mean using the old cooler.

I believe my owner that it is now back to April.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Think the coolers are made in Italy, 60 million people are in lockdown due to coronavirus.. Wonder how it's going to work out...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Pretty soon if wont matter where the parts are coming from.......nothing is going to be moving anywhere so it appears.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to sound the alarm but I contacted FCA two days ago. The girl answering the phone says they are now anticipating the recall (VB1) to be more towards November. I called because prior they had authorized a rental car until it was repaired. So just to vent FCA will pay up to $40 a day for a rental (I had to pay first then submit bill to be reimbursed) but will not offer a dime in payment to trade out or a settlement. Think this may be last product they make.

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
Not to sound the alarm but I contacted FCA two days ago. The girl answering the phone says they are now anticipating the recall (VB1) to be more towards November. I called because prior they had authorized a rental car until it was repaired. So just to vent FCA will pay up to $40 a day for a rental (I had to pay first then submit bill to be reimbursed) but will not offer a dime in payment to trade out or a settlement. Think this may be last product they make.
Seriously?

Something like that is devastating news for so many.

Of course with this serious virus and shut-downs we are entering a whole new world of priorities.

·
Registered
98 Posts
[mention]OhioTech [/mention] you hear anything on this?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
41 - 60 of 69 Posts