RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yay for options on the single exhaust! Do you happen to know what size the OEM single exhaust is? My truck is sitting at the dealer!

Can you ask if they are planning to/can do a black version of the single side outlet?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yay for options on the single exhaust! Do you happen to know what size the OEM single exhaust is? My truck is sitting at the dealer!

Can you ask if they are planning to/can do a black version of the single side outlet?
2 1/2.

I am sure MBRP will, they love their black exhaust systems. I will put the bug in my sales rep ear.

James
RSD

·
Registered
50 Posts
Haha I have already called a friend who knows Martin Barkey personally, so we will make it happen somehow. I could just go to the shop and see if they will do a prototype in black! Your prices are awesome though!

Thanks James (Good name by the way!)

·
Registered
267 Posts
What is the diameter of the tips on the rear bumper exit model?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
so what's the difference between the different offerings from AFE, MBRP, etc? they seem to quote the same specs in terms of materials used, they look the same to me (i have no idea what i'm looking for anyway), and are in general same price... and i sort of view this like i do snake oil - things like CAI and exhaust "gains" are rarely backed up by any independent lab/test. no offense to anyone (RSD) because there are other reasons someone might want to swap for looks, sound, etc.

but for someone who doesn't know one from the other, is there any real difference in these?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so what's the difference between the different offerings from AFE, MBRP, etc? they seem to quote the same specs in terms of materials used, they look the same to me (i have no idea what i'm looking for anyway), and are in general same price... and i sort of view this like i do snake oil - things like CAI and exhaust "gains" are rarely backed up by any independent lab/test. no offense to anyone (RSD) because there are other reasons someone might want to swap for looks, sound, etc.

but for someone who doesn't know one from the other, is there any real difference in these?
Just different manufacturers, like you mentioned same material for the most part, same mandrel bends I have used them all over the years.

I personally like the MBRP systems, they have always been a favorite and a huge seller for us.

·
Registered
267 Posts
RSD,

Now that you've got the MBRP exhausts online do you know what size the tips are on the thru the rear bumper systems?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I emailed MBRP and waiting for an exhaust clip. There are ZERO gains with this setup. I just know that MBRP is one of the few guys that know how to make a proper exhaust system. If the sound doesn't change with there setup then it's 100% certain that our exhaust systems need some sort of modification from the dpf and up. Not sure how we can get around all that stuff without screwing up the system. It's still too risky.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Can the single pipe fit a regular cab with 8' box? Also, is there a sound clip available?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts