RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not serve.......but I do belong to the American Legion as a son of.....and the Blue Knights. We did two parades today for local Memorial Day Parades. The second one was led by a Police Lt whose son was killed in Afghanistan. I knew the boy.....and think of him when I see his dad. It makes events like this even more special. Thanks to all of you who serve and served. Special thought to those who make the ultimate sacrifice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I can't imagine losing one of my boys in one of the not-very-necessary conflicts we've been these past 20yrs. Lose a kid because we're trying to force a country to accept "rule of law" when it's never existed before? I'd be forever seething with bitterness.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My battalion, 6th ESB, 1st MEF Iraq 2003, lost two Marines in Iraq. I did not know them (different company), but I remember them on this day. My wife was in Afghanistan when Pat Tillman was killed. She had the honor of witnessing his casket being loaded on to the C-17 that carried him on his journey home from Bagram Air Base.

·
Registered
13,538 Posts
My loss to miss your thoughts. We do not start wars, we end them. Who knows what would have happened had we not dealt with problems as they came up. No human is perfect. What is perfect is to support our decisions and support our nation. We are not talking others here - we are talking United States. It's amazing how so many other nations hide from reality and then hide behind the United States for protection.

I just ripped my daughter horribly Monday night. She sent out Facebook postings showing her partying and asking everyone to have a "Happy Memorial Day".

I KNOW that's disgusting. There is NO HAPPY Memorial Day. That would be like celebrating and partying on Good Friday. Those days are solemn days of reflection on where we are based on where we have been and the horrible sacrifices made by so many to get us here. All too often so many of us forget that in our lives and even on Memorial Day.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My youngest son spent 6 years in. someone told him Monday to have a Happy Memorial Day. He tried to explain what Memorial Day was for, and why he was lad he was NOT being remembered............................but it was a lost cause.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sad what oh so many in this country think. More than sad when they vote. Lately we are not able to outvote the traitors and it shows.
they think they are doing the right thing....but they can't see beyond the tip of their nose!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
My son served as a US Marine in both Iraq and Afghanistan. On Memorial day, I simply sent him and his friends he served with a scripture in hopes that it would remind them they are important, at least to me. So all of you whom I do not know who served, may you enjoy this scripture also.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My son served as a US Marine in both Iraq and Afghanistan. On Memorial day, I simply sent him and his friends he served with a scripture in hopes that it would remind them they are important, at least to me. So all of you whom I do not know who served, may you enjoy this scripture also.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
Well stated and totally appropriate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts