RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

miker

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  miker 
#1 ·
I order my Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn on February 12 , was told its in computer system. Just waiting for them to get to it. Just added air suspension to it. They can change the order as long as it not on the assembly line. My guest end of April. I hope . Anyone having the same problem. I was also told ...due the large amount of orders. There building the first wave. Iam hope am on the second one.

#2 ·
I gave up on mine. I don't want anymore updates except for the call sometime in June or July or later from the dealer that the truck has arrived. I ordered on Feb. 7th and for three weeks they have had everything needed to assemble the truck and it still sits. From reading posts here a few that ordered after I did will get their trucks or have it shipped before mine is even put together. Would rather just wait for the surprise down the road. Yes, I do understand things take time but, it's irritating to be waiting and seeing others get ahead of the line, guess I just think wrong.

#3 ·
You ordered on the Monday, when there was 8,000 trucks ordered during the weekend of the 8th. I'd be shocked if your truck was in the first batch, because lots of us pre-ordered and are still waiting. Adding air suspension at this stage of the game was probably a mistake, because 1) the air suspension option is the cause of several delays, and 2) you drop back in priority because your order changed. You waiting a month is not really a problem, because the typical arrival time is quoted by dealers as 8-12 weeks. You can't start feeling sorry for yourself until the truck is actually late, because people have been waiting MONTHS longer, and you altered your order(even though they LET you, doesn't mean you keep your spot in line).

So...hate to say it but you're not getting a single iota of sympathy because you haven't even had to wait. Your truck shouldn't be built yet and it isn't. That's right on schedule.

#4 · (Edited)
No one has really waited MONTHs longer than 12 weeks yet for an eco, not in the US anyways. I guess if your up north some orders were placed 12/23 so even then you would only be at 8 or 9 weeks.

Edit, guess it would be closer to 12 weeks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.