RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

Thought I'd pass along some information.

Recent MIL came on, code was read as P24AE, which relates to the DPF sensor. Interestingly, the original code came on after going over a large bump at highway speeds. Since then it self cleared once and has been cleared by the GDE scanner tool two other times.

The truck was brought into the dealer to have them confirm the code and the service provider indicated that the vehicle had " a lot of codes". When the sheet was provided at least 20 different codes, all relating to TCM and ECU modules and loss of communication i.e. tuning upload process. It is a bit concerning that these codes are stored, even after changing from stock to GDE, as this creates a "trail".

I am interested as to what GDE's input in with regards to the stored codes and if there is a remedy for it...

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
61 Posts
Now this is interesting.
I borrowed a shop scan tool to reprogram injector codes, look at sensor inputs and things after engine replacement and to my surprise I had no less than 20 codes in there for body modules loosing communication.
I chalked it up to disconnecting battery for a long time as I had to replace the engine.
Now, my truck is tuned and deleted, so now it makes total sense that after a flash, ECM stores codes related to other systems in the truck.

Now that I read your post it totally makes sense, as before I thought that even simply changing out battery would cause a myriad of codes to be written in ECM...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,582 Posts
When you flash the ECM through the OBD port changes the flash count, that been how dealers have suspected that a gasser was tuned.
Originally the ability wasn't cracked on how to write the ECMs in the EcoDiesel through the OBD port. Opening up the ECU to flash it didn't change the flash count making it harder to detect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts