RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dave just pick a 10k rated oil filter and change them even if you are not changing the oil.
Vern, I'm running a MOPAR OEM filter for the for the duration, not changing in the middle. Based on my UOAs, there's no reason for me to change filters in mid-stream.

Dave

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm using T6. Here's my last sample report. I had to take a screen shot of only the top portion but will post the entire report if someone can tell me how to upload a PDF. And I was wrong on my initial post--Blackstone has me at 21k miles, not 22k (apparently I'm getting old-timers disease!).
Scroll down to the Quick Reply box. Below and to the right click on 'Go Advanced'. That reply box that opens will have a paperclip thumbnail above it for attachments. You'll then be able to upload the .pdf from wherever it is on your computer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Vern, I'm running a MOPAR OEM filter for the for the duration, not changing in the middle. Based on my UOAs, there's no reason for me to change filters in mid-stream.

Dave
He is stating to change them at 10k due to him having one collapse in his truck past 10k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I might try that Delo stuff next, even though I have the t6 on hand. Curious how the UOA will pan out.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm using T6. Here's my last sample report. I had to take a screen shot of only the top portion but will post the entire report if someone can tell me how to upload a PDF. And I was wrong on my initial post--Blackstone has me at 21k miles, not 22k (apparently I'm getting old-timers disease!).

Dave View attachment 79702
Guess I misunderstood...thought you already went 22k on T6...I have an UOA pending with my recent 18.5k run on Amsoil 0w40. I did change the filter at 9k and went with an EcoGuard for the first time on the back half of this run.

Delo 5w40 has been better in my ED than T6 regarding wear metals. 2 & 3 are T6, 4 & 5 Delo, 6 is the Amsoil 0w40.

Some pointed out perhaps this engine takes a long time to break in hence...the iron going down throughout the life thus far. IDK but going beyond 10-11k on a filter is not worth it IMO...too easy to change and not expensive. Attached:

View attachment 168,500.pdf

·
Registered
232 Posts
Guess I misunderstood...thought you already went 22k on T6...I have an UOA pending with my recent 18.5k run on Amsoil 0w40. I did change the filter at 9k and went with an EcoGuard for the first time on the back half of this run.

Delo 5w40 has been better in my ED than T6 regarding wear metals. 2 & 3 are T6, 4 & 5 Delo, 6 is the Amsoil 0w40.

Some pointed out perhaps this engine takes a long time to break in hence...the iron going down throughout the life thus far. IDK but going beyond 10-11k on a filter is not worth it IMO...too easy to change and not expensive. Attached:

View attachment 79724
No, I went 18.5k miles on my last oil change.

Dave

21 - 30 of 30 Posts