RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Oil

6K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  DavidG 
#1 ·
Has anyone used this oil?

See less See more
#2 ·
No and I have seen UOA on 'Bob' demonstrating higher wear metals than T6. In fairness, that was several years ago and prior to the newer formulations. This has always been more expensive here that T6 and Delo so not an option to me.

Mobile 1 is the main oil I use in my gassers and put 252k on a 3.8 Genesis.

#7 ·
If you are going to use one, use the Devlac. As for price, I just pay the price of Rotella, Mobil, or one of the others that meets the API standards. Keep your reciepts and record when you do the oil changes.

Lastly, if you do a lot of short driving or cold weather ... change your oil more frequently. I just changed my oil at 4800 miles after the winter finally ended. I changed in Sept. 22, 2018 and just completed the change on April 20, 2019.

#13 ·
I started with 4k oil changes and worked up to my current 8-9k. Was doing oil analysis the whole time. So far so good. Might go the full 10k.
I started with the recommend 10k mile changes. Blackstone Labs now has me up to 22k miles per change. I was going to stop trying to stretch it when I hit 20k miles, but I'm hoping I can go to 25k and still have great analyses.

Dave

#15 ·
It's good oil. Only a few bucks more than T6. I consider it equal to T6.

Here's a UOA comparing:

•Rotella T6 0w40

•Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40

•Mystik JT8 15w40 Synblend

With the 15w40 Synblend showing the best wear results.

I have M1 TDT 5w40 in the sump now from over winter and will be changing it to Red Line 15w40 very soon.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...15w40-2015-ram-ecodiesel-4-995-mi#Post4950018

#16 ·
Dave just pick a 10k rated oil filter and change them even if you are not changing the oil.

Reactions: MAS
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.