RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delvac/products/promotions/60-off-diesel-domain

Mobil Website said:
$12 mail-in rebate check with original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of one (1) 1-gallon jug of Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP heavy-duty diesel engine oil. Limit ten (10) $12 jug rebates per household.
$60 mail-in rebate check with original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of one (1) 5-gallon pail of Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP heavy-duty diesel engine oil. Limit six (6) $60 pail rebates per household.

Offer valid until Dec. 31, 2018. Some restrictions apply. See participating retailers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
We're all in agreeance that as long as you don't need the benefits of a 5w40 for cold starting that a 15w40 that meets all of the other specs is fine, right?

·
Registered
648 Posts
We're all in agreeance that as long as you don't need the benefits of a 5w40 for cold starting that a 15w40 that meets all of the other specs is fine, right?
getting any group of people that don't share the complete same though process to agree on something isn't ever going to happen, I would say you're fine running a 15w-40, there has been quite a few that have done it since the engine came out and they've been just fine, then you get the guys that still think 5w-30 is just fine, then you get the guys that think rotella t6 is the only thing you can run, moral of the story is, run what makes you and your wallet happy and take care of the truck and use appropriate intervals and odds are it'll be just fine!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so in addition: Go to Pep Boys . com and get a 15% discount, which drops the price from $31.99 per gallon to $27.19!

Just don't forget to put in the promotion code of PEP15OIL like I did. I then had to call them to apply the discount and now will have to wait ~4 days to see it hit my credit card.

So, in my case I ordered the maximum allowable rebatable quantity of 10 gallons and the price went from $319.90 (pre-tax) to $271.90. That's a savings of $48!!! And I've submitted my request to Mobil and I should be getting back $120. So instead of $319.90, the final cost will be $150.90. That's $15.09 per gallon.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I’ve ran T6 in mine since new.

I spoke with a guy who said his oilfield service company had several ecodiesel in their fleet and they ran 15-40 delo with no problems.

·
Registered
12,444 Posts
I’ve ran T6 in mine since new.

I spoke with a guy who said his oilfield service company had several ecodiesel in their fleet and they ran 15-40 delo with no problems.
If so, so much for having to run the approved oil.

·
Super Moderator
2,955 Posts
MAS much like the heavy haul pilot company that my son worked for I'll bet there is a lot of high mile ecodiesels in that group. Probably just as abused as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts