RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nevermind the default space is "Jeep", but I've been trying for well over a month now to add my truck as my vehicle. I click one button to "Add vehicle" and get an error message saying my information was invalid...LOL I click the other one and get a pop up asking for my VIN, purchase date and the vehicle's nickname (optional).

Upon completing the popup, I hit submit, and get a message system the system is currently unavailable, please check back in 24 hours, or go to the "Customer Care" section.

OK, I'll play along...

I scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Customer Care and find myself...at Jeep's customer service page.

To send an email to them - just to send an email - they REQUIRE my name, address, phone number and email address...LOL

While Chrysler might be capable of greatness with certain products, they are in the stone age in terms of understanding how the web works, what people expect and in delivering actual customer service online.

Now, I'm going to try phoning them tomorrow a few times to see how many different answers I get to why I can't add my truck to the system...should be fun. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
You might already be registered. I ran into this. The dealer signed me up for "Uconnect", When he registered me with Uconnect he also registered me to Mopar owners connect site. .... Just figured I'd throw that out there, Might not be your issue, though.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
hi - i've posted this several times across different forums. the problem might be the name on your purchase agreement not matching the name you are registering with on the site. I had to call to the 800# and eventually that's what the issue was, and i had no idea that the truck was already entered into the system at time of purchase. so for me, the problem was when i tried to add my truck VIN i got a popup about my profile not matching their information or something along those lines. anyway willing to bet once someone gets on the phone they'll get you taken care of rather painlessly.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nevermind the default space is "Jeep", but I've been trying for well over a month now to add my truck as my vehicle. I click one button to "Add vehicle" and get an error message saying my information was invalid...LOL I click the other one and get a pop up asking for my VIN, purchase date and the vehicle's nickname (optional).

Upon completing the popup, I hit submit, and get a message system the system is currently unavailable, please check back in 24 hours, or go to the "Customer Care" section.

OK, I'll play along...

I scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Customer Care and find myself...at Jeep's customer service page.

To send an email to them - just to send an email - they REQUIRE my name, address, phone number and email address...LOL

While Chrysler might be capable of greatness with certain products, they are in the stone age in terms of understanding how the web works, what people expect and in delivering actual customer service online.

Now, I'm going to try phoning them tomorrow a few times to see how many different answers I get to why I can't add my truck to the system...should be fun. :)
Signup and login was easy and straightforward for me. It happens automatically now. I have also used the Android mobile app which works okay.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PFFFT...Android app...whatevs... ;)

I did get an email from Chrysler welcoming me, which is what kicked off this whole escapade. No idea whose name it could be under, or how they'd typo mine given it was correct on all the paperwork, but hey, it's still possible I suppose. ;)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

Got on the blower with them today. The lady completely didn't listen to me and sent me to the Uconnect folks, who then, very politely, informed me I needed to be in my truck to start the "online" sign up process. OK, no biggie - I'll do this tonight...and could you please get me back to MOC which I wanted in the first place.

Now, Heather came on at MOC, was attentive and polite. She understood immediately my issue and admitted others have experienced the same. Within a few minutes she had my particulars and had sent off an email to the web team to get my account activated and accessible. Seems not everyone needs a hand holding, but apparently I do...LOL This *could* be because I set up my account well ahead of my truck being delivered, so the system is seeing signals out of order. Speculation on my part, and I doubt I'll ever figure out the real issue, but I'm impressed with the phone support to this point. heather committed to following up with me when she has an answer form the web team. Not much more I could ask for, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts