1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
US only.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chris, that's awesome thank you. I put in my local dealer and there's a coupon for lube,oil, filer for synthetic, diesel truck for $98.95. I called the other day and they quoted me $189.00 for oil change!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Chris, that's awesome thank you. I put in my local dealer and there's a coupon for lube,oil, filer for synthetic, diesel truck for $98.95. I called the other day and they quoted me $189.00 for oil change!
The fine print on mine says "additional charges may apply, including synthetic oil" so I doubt the total price will be what it says on the coupon.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Only about $100 less than the price i was just quoted for my first oil change.

THANKS !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is what I see as far as oil changes go. Nothing with synthetic oil in the title. They all say synthetic may be extra but, I wonder how much and how much do the "shop supplies" run?

Lube, Oil & Filter*
Change $59.95 Diesel Truck
Engine oil replacement up to 13 qts. Complete chassis lube. New Mopar®*Oil Filter. Fluid level inspection. Inspect front suspension components. Additional charges may apply, including synthetic oil.*Customer is responsible for local tax and Shop Supplies fee.Chrysler Group LLC vehicles only. ©2014 Chrysler Group LLC. All Rights Reserved. Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, HEMI and Mopar are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I put my zipcode in and here is what I got
"Express Lane
Oil & Filter Change
$71.95
Diesel Truck
Engine oil replacement up to 13 qts. New Mopar® Oil Filter. Fluid level inspection. Additional charges may apply, including synthetic oil. Customer is responsible for local tax and Shop Supplies fee. Chrysler Group LLC vehicles only. ©2014 Chrysler Group LLC. All Rights Reserved. Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, HEMI and Mopar are registered trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC."

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mike,
The ones that came up under my local dealer do say synthetic. There's one that says "diesel truck", synthetic may be extra $89.95, and there's one that says "diesel truck, synthetic oil for $98.95. I think the first one refers to the Cummins and second is Ecodiesel. Funny, I was at the dealer today (getting a new Catalytic converter, due to CEL) and I asked them how much an oil change for this truck would be. (I got the first one free so I didn't know how much they charged) He says, "well, they are all different. Some take special oil, some take 5 quarts, some take more, so they are all different prices. I said, yeah, I get that but how much is an oil change for my truck? He just keeps repeating, "I don't know, they are all different". I said, so are you telling me that you can't look it up and tell me how much? He says "he's not privy to that information, only the diesel tech that works on the truck would know?? I started getting loud at that point and realized I should just let it go since I was in the process of leaving my truck with these guys. Is that bizarre or is it just me? If I needed an oil change today, what would they have charged?.....lol. Still love the truck..btw.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haha, that's crazy. Sounds like there oil changes are like plane tickets, maybe it depends on what time of the week/month you go.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The reason's I change my own oil are listed in the above post's, When you start working at a dealer you start at the bottom, washing and cleaning, the next step up is oil changes & lubes. How much time do you think is spent training them for that job. :rolleyes: That oil change is the one thing I can that I know will be done right.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mike,
The ones that came up under my local dealer do say synthetic. There's one that says "diesel truck", synthetic may be extra $89.95, and there's one that says "diesel truck, synthetic oil for $98.95. I think the first one refers to the Cummins and second is Ecodiesel. Funny, I was at the dealer today (getting a new Catalytic converter, due to CEL) and I asked them how much an oil change for this truck would be. (I got the first one free so I didn't know how much they charged) He says, "well, they are all different. Some take special oil, some take 5 quarts, some take more, so they are all different prices. I said, yeah, I get that but how much is an oil change for my truck? He just keeps repeating, "I don't know, they are all different". I said, so are you telling me that you can't look it up and tell me how much? He says "he's not privy to that information, only the diesel tech that works on the truck would know?? I started getting loud at that point and realized I should just let it go since I was in the process of leaving my truck with these guys. Is that bizarre or is it just me? If I needed an oil change today, what would they have charged?.....lol. Still love the truck..btw.
Sounds like he was having a bad day or just lazy. I might ask another service writer when I got the chance.

The early oil changes are free in my case, but otherwise checking for monthly coupons is a good idea. For my zip code in March they say $129.95 for diesel synthetic oil, $79.95 for diesel dino oil, and $69.95 for gas synthetic oil. But then when I try to go to the coupon I get a server database error. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was able to negotiate a local dealer down to $118 with one of these coupons, and they claimed they are only making like $10 on the whole transaction. Apparently Mopar is not reimbursing dealers for these coupons and the dealers are not going to take a loss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts