RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said, I am taking a job in Alaska and intend to buy a new 4x4 prior to my move. I’ve always had Jeeps, but I’ve decided that I would prefer something bigger and the EcoDiesel seems like a pretty perfect fit given the amount of driving I’ll be doing when I’m up there. I found a 2015 Ram EcoDiesel with ~110,000 miles that seems as though it’s in great shape. The owner says that he’s had it in for all of the dealer recalls and it has been fastidiously maintained, however I am still a little leery considering some of the things I’ve read about the engine troubles that they’ve had.

Ive read about a GDE tune that a lot of you guys have gotten and had recommended, however I also read that that isn’t an option anymore. Outside of asking about whether the truck has had that done, what are some other things I should look for or ask the owner about? Is this truck at this price (~$21k) even worth considering?

Thank you for the advice. Link to add below.

jacksonville. craigslist. org/cto/d/graham-2015-ram-1500-ecodiesel-crew-cab/7000149114.html

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Yes it is pretty nice looking. One great thing that just might not be great is it is Florida. That means the undercarriage of the truck is in perfect condition as new. That means the undercarriage has never been rust-proofed and will be open to corrosion in the harsh climates of the north. Something to think about.

One way to quickly tell if there is a tune is to see if you can get the cruise control to operate below 25 mph. Try 20 mph and see. If it does work, celebrate and look harder at buying.

In the pictures you cannot see the level of the coolant expansion bottle. Go look at it and see if it is filled to the top. Granted they may have just done that for the sale but it it is lower it could be a symptom of leakage. That leakage can be normal, bad EGR, leaking turbo seal or just plain leakage. The two reasons in the middle are trouble so you decide.

Everyone likes a good deal that is buying. Everyone selling wants top dollar for theirs. If you decide this one is what you want, consider you are a buyer and make offers. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts