RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the tune from MRTuning? I've seen them on some of the forums, but haven't seen too much on them. Apparently they do the OBD flashing; what's the bi difference in bench vs. flash tuning on these?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Cant be of much help since I have not personally ran Mr tuning but I can say I have only heard good things about it. Personally I would love to try it out but just cant justify spending more money on a third tune.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've never heard of them, but their stage one claims 510 lbft which is higher than any other tune I've heard of. I'm guessing that is an "at the crank" estimation extrapolated from a chassis dyno, so it may be optimistic

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant be of much help since I have not personally ran Mr tuning but I can say I have only heard good things about it. Personally I would love to try it out but just cant justify spending more money on a third tune.
Yeah it's a bit expensive at $850 CAD for the stage 1. I'm just curious if it works as well as the GDE tune. I also heard HD Diesel has a good tune

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah it's a bit expensive at $850 CAD for the stage 1. I'm just curious if it works as well as the GDE tune. I also heard HD Diesel has a good tune
$850 Cdn is way cheaper than the $650 US that we CDN's had to pay for a GDE tune. Regrets, money, yes, truck survival NO!

·
Registered
7 Posts
MRTuning is an amazing tune. OBD handheld flashing, no ecu removal. You get 20hp and 40hp map files with the cost of the stage1 including the handheld.

Stage 2 comes with 40hp and 60hp map files. The value almost cant be beat to be honest.. the guy has a ton of experience in diesel tuning.

GDE recommends HD because HD is a dealer for them..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going with the MRTuning Stage 2 and Martin (poor guy) has been bombarded with stupid questions from me (I'm no tuner/mechanic of any sort). He's super fast and the tune is definitely on par with GDE. Hats off to Martin and MRTuning for a great product and exemplary customer service!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up going with the MRTuning Stage 2 and Martin (poor guy) has been bombarded with stupid questions from me (I'm no tuner/mechanic of any sort). He's super fast and the tune is definitely on par with GDE. Hats off to Martin and MRTuning for a great product and exemplary customer service!

Glad you are happy with the tune!

Ive kept martin VERY busy over the last two months lol

Poor guy with mutli vehicle platform offering all while building his new shop with a dyno.

I try and answer as many questions as I can for the customer base we share.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you are happy with the tune!

Ive kept martin VERY busy over the last two months lol

Poor guy with mutli vehicle platform offering all while building his new shop with a dyno.

I try and answer as many questions as I can for the customer base we share.
I'm following him on Facebook and have seen some of the stuff that he's currently working on, including the new shop. I'm hoping word gets out about him so the community can keep him busy for years to come!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm following him on Facebook and have seen some of the stuff that he's currently working on, including the new shop. I'm hoping word gets out about him so the community can keep him busy for years to come!
I am his biggest ecodiesel dealer.. feel free to contact me anytime. I work very closely with Martin and David from T&S.

Ive been running their tunes and exhaust kits over 2 years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had been looking at MR Tuning for a while, you convinced me to pull the trigger. I'm assuming your fully deleted with the stage 2 tune. How's the exhaust? Any significant smoke or smells in the cab?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had been looking at MR Tuning for a while, you convinced me to pull the trigger. I'm assuming your fully deleted with the stage 2 tune. How's the exhaust? Any significant smoke or smells in the cab?
The smell isn’t too bad, only on startup and if you’re sitting in traffic for a bit. The soot isn’t too bad unless you step on it, then you get some smoke but it’s not like a deleted Cummins. I’m actually putting a catalytic converter on to get rid of the smell and the soot. I’ll update when I get it put on

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've run the 40hp and currently the 60hp from MRTuning. I purchased the tune and stage 2 full delete including SS exhaust from Ecodiesel Owners Canada. The quality of product is exceptional. My truck has much more noticable get up and go fuel economy is slightly better and only smokes a bit on cold starts or if I mash the pedal. In my opinion it's a very clean tune no soot on my exhaust tips. Chris answered all my questions on a Saturday evening his customer service was incredible. I also got to keep the OBD tuner and can swap between my stock, 40hp or 60hp tune in a matter of a few minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jeep owner here. Recently tried out the Stage 1 ECU and Stage 1 TCM tunes from MRTuning. They're both great and Martin was helpful answering questions and very prompt with delivery. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it just me or does this thread look like a bunch or business "partners" pushing their wares?
It probably does, but the original post was a simple question about the tune and what the big difference is between bench and handheld tunes. I ended up going with MRTuning due to Martin being extremely flexible and answered all of my questions quickly. I also saw on the MRTuning facebook page that they've been around for a bit and have experience with more than just the EcoDiesel. That's my experience and I would compare their customer service and their product to that of GDE; I can say that as I've run both.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts