RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I got my truck Saturday and have a crew cab. I have the wheel to wheel side steps. I got home and could not believe there were no mud flaps. Kind of pissed me off actually. So I went to the dealer today and shelled out cash for the molded ones to find out the fronts don't fit because of the side steps. Needless to say, the whole set is going back tomorrow.

I've seen Mopar has the heavy duty rubber flaps and think they would do the trick, but it can't find a part number for the front that is for the trucks WITHOUT FENDER FLARES. Anyone have any ideas? I have half a mind to go buy the $6 rubber flaps from the local ag supply store and cut them to fit, but a little worries how I might do a no-drill install.

The ones I'm looking for would be similar to these but for the front: Heavy Duty Rubber Splash Guards - 82212290 | Mopar

Looking forward to others experience...diesel or no diesel. I'm sure others have had the same problem but my trolling on other forums hasn't turned up much.

·
Registered
362 Posts
you could just get fender flares

·
Registered
241 Posts
The directions show that you remove the plastic that is screwed on the truck and you then use these holes for two of the screws on the flaps. I had no problem putting them on.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought some from Weathertech.com. They are supposed to fit a vehicle with the W-W side steps. We will see.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Folks, I got my truck Saturday and have a crew cab. I have the wheel to wheel side steps. I got home and could not believe there were no mud flaps. Kind of pissed me off actually. So I went to the dealer today and shelled out cash for the molded ones to find out the fronts don't fit because of the side steps. Needless to say, the whole set is going back tomorrow.

I've seen Mopar has the heavy duty rubber flaps and think they would do the trick, but it can't find a part number for the front that is for the trucks WITHOUT FENDER FLARES. Anyone have any ideas? I have half a mind to go buy the $6 rubber flaps from the local ag supply store and cut them to fit, but a little worries how I might do a no-drill install.

The ones I'm looking for would be similar to these but for the front: Heavy Duty Rubber Splash Guards - 82212290 | Mopar

Looking forward to others experience...diesel or no diesel. I'm sure others have had the same problem but my trolling on other forums hasn't turned up much.
The Weathertech.com ones fit like a glove and are extremely easy to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I just ordered and installed the duraflaps and I am extremely happy. The whole install took less than thirty minutes and the coverage is excellent compared to the factory molded. IMG_20140429_101458_704.jpg IMG_20140429_101518_324.jpg IMG_20140429_101548_944.jpg

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just got a Big Horn 1500 Eco-Diesel with the factory wheel to wheel side steps and I am having the same problem getting mud flaps. It seems foolish that the side steps are not made to clear the factory Mopar molded splash guards. The interference is only an inch or so.

If the Weathertech splash guards work, do they need to be installed with 3M protective tape to stop them from rubbing on the paint around the fenders?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the factory wheel to wheel side steps on my truck as well. (quad cab) I bought the weather tech mud flaps for it. They use the existing screws in the fender well to mount and they fit like a glove. I looked at duraflaps as well but if I remember correctly they were much more expensive...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a Laramie with the factory fender flares and the wheel to wheel side steps. I purchased the Weathertech mud flaps and they were the easiest thing in to world to install. Remove two screws, slide the flaps in place and re-install the same two screws Couldn't be easier. For front, Weathertech # 110026 and rear # 120026.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have any pictures?

I have a Laramie with the factory fender flares and the wheel to wheel side steps. I purchased the Weathertech mud flaps and they were the easiest thing in to world to install. Remove two screws, slide the flaps in place and re-install the same two screws Couldn't be easier. For front, Weathertech # 110026 and rear # 120026.
I would like to see the clearance of the front flaps and the front of the side steps (assuming you have the ones with the plastic 'Ram' end caps).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
When I picked up my truck, my dealer let me pick out the style of the mud flaps I wanted. I had a choice between Ram, Dealer, or 3rd party. It was highly suggested to me to get the 3rd party flaps, because they have a lifetime warranty. He said if I rip them off in a snow bank, or anything, they replace them. Ok!
Here are some pics. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398280.650913.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398292.439976.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398304.554118.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398315.658369.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398328.226367.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398337.355395.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398350.194241.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405398360.221472.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Great looking truck, and I dig the flaps. You said they're 3rd party, Nemesis? Any leads on where I could get some?
Thanks. I don't know the manufature of the flaps, but I will call my dealer and ask, and will get back to ya. You had a huge choice of logos, other than ECODIESEL, but they had everything else. (Hemi, longh horn, Ram, Laramie ect ect)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the wheel to wheel side steps with the plastic end caps and Weather Tech mud flaps. You can fit a dime between the mudflaps and the end caps, everything fits great. I'll try and get a picture this morning.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts