RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in the back seat, showing off my new truck to father and son friends......we were playing with something....not sure what....I know I was trying to remote start it from the back......when the alarm went off........holy [email protected], lights.....scared the [email protected] out of me.....and I had the hardest time turning it off!!!! I think I eventually went up front....used the remote, which it wouldn't recognize, to lock the doors...and this did it!! seemed like an hour, but was really a few minutes!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I was sitting in the back seat, showing off my new truck to father and son friends......we were playing with something....not sure what....I know I was trying to remote start it from the back......when the alarm went off........holy [email protected], lights.....scared the [email protected] out of me.....and I had the hardest time turning it off!!!! I think I eventually went up front....used the remote, which it wouldn't recognize, to lock the doors...and this did it!! seemed like an hour, but was really a few minutes!!
There needs to be a qualifying test for new RAM owners... ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. The key fob was in my pocket along with other keys. Climbing into the truck and fumbling for the seatbelt must have poked the panic button. Same reaction, WTF. I fumbled around and fished out the fob to shut it off.

As I get older I have more of these WTF moments!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. The key fob was in my pocket along with other keys. Climbing into the truck and fumbling for the seatbelt must have poked the panic button. Same reaction, WTF. I fumbled around and fished out the fob to shut it off.

As I get older I have more of these WTF moments!
sh$t.....am I getting older!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have yet to take delivery of my truck and therefore haven't seen a key-fob.

Is there a "panic" button somewhere on the fob?....if so that could be what set the alarm off.
I always hit the panic button by accident on my Nissan......hated it. Had to perform surgery on the fob to disable it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
sh$t.....am I getting older!!!
I did notice that you are a RAM Senior member.

Don't get rid of the panic button. A few months ago I had to go to the hospital, one I haven't been to before I parked my car on the topmost level of the parking garage. The doctors kept me overnight. When I went back to the top level of the parking garage I flipped out when I couldn't find the car. I thought I had A) lost my fricking mind or B) someone stole the damn thing.

After about 20 minutes of running around I hit the panic button on the fob. I heard a car horn go off in the distance. Sure enough there was my car, parked on the top floor of the OTHER parking garage.

The panic button is your friend!

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Don't put it in your pocket and bend down.

Do it all the time with a small garage door opener when I ride motorcycle. Two garages are close and both have different buttons on that opener. I have bent down and closed one door on a motorcycle while the other opened at the same time. Sure the door stopped when it hit the motorcycle. Only thing is there was damage to a fender that turned it around.

That Ram key fob often sets off the alarm. My old one for the Cummins did the same as it had buttons above the key. My sympathies.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't put it in your pocket and bend down.

Do it all the time with a small garage door opener when I ride motorcycle. Two garages are close and both have different buttons on that opener. I have bent down and closed one door on a motorcycle while the other opened at the same time. Sure the door stopped when it hit the motorcycle. Only thing is there was damage to a fender that turned it around.

That Ram key fob often sets off the alarm. My old one for the Cummins did the same as it had buttons above the key. My sympathies.
I guess I hit the panic button!!

hey Captain.....I keep my garage door opener in my headlight of my motorcycle.......I did the following: open the remote.....remove the battery....attach a wire to each of the leads.....find the button for the garage door...soldier it so it's always on........close the remote.......find the hot and ground wires for the high beam........attach the wires to them.......your door will open whenever you hit the high beam........works great...been in my bike for years!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts