RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hopefully this is in the right section. Since I can't order a outdoorsman right now here is the truck I am trying to work a deal on

Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 6'4" bed Maximum Steel metallic, Black/diesel gray interior
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine
3.55 rear end
Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Protection Group
Remote Start and Security Group
Comfort Group
Luxury Group
Rear Window Defroster
Trailer Brake Control
Air Suspension, 4-Corner
9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
Rear Camera
17" wheels instead of the 20"s
Delete from standard: tow mirrors, rubber floor mats, CD player.
Now a couple things the dealer told me yesterday; if I go with the 17" wheels I can not get the wheel to wheel steps from the factory.
If I pick the 17" wheels I can not get the 9 amplified speakers. I can not delete the cd player(I didn't think any of these new trucks had cd players and I don't need one) I did not want the rear camera with park assist but with the Big Horn you can not just get the camera you have to get the camera/park assist.
so far I have been able to get to invoice but not below. I did find someone that will give me a FFP number but I still fighting for full hold back.
what are your thoughts?

Reactions: turch

·
Registered
575 Posts
hopefully this is in the right section. Since I can't order a outdoorsman right now here is the truck I am trying to work a deal on

Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn 6'4" bed Maximum Steel metallic, Black/diesel gray interior
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine
3.55 rear end
Protection Group
Comfort Group
Luxury Group
Rear Window Defroster
Trailer Brake Control
Air Suspension, 4-Corner
9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
Rear Camera
17" wheels instead of the 20"s
Now a couple things the dealer told me yesterday; if I go with the 20" wheels I can not get the wheel to wheel steps from the factory.
If I pick the 17" wheels I can not get the 9 amplified speakers. I can not delete the cd player(I didn't think any of these new trucks had cd players and I don't need one) I did not want the rear camera with park assist but with the Big Horn you can not just get the camera you have to get the camera/park assist.
so far I have been able to get to invoice but not below. I did find someone that will give me a FFP number but I still fighting for full hold back.
what are your thoughts?
I am kinda in the same spot as you. I really want a Outdoorsman.

I have attached a build sheet with pricing for a big horn from a dealer near me on 2/7/14.

View attachment Jeff Rogers1500-BH-DL.pdf

Reactions: turch

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nail, congrats on the order. Again, send me a message when you get the truck in, I will take a ride up I79 and take a look at your new truck !
That's odd that the options are linked to one another... can't get speakers with 20" wheels.... and the CD player... I have a bunch of CD and a few CD players in the house, but for cars, if CDs did not go the way of the 8 track yet, they will soon, so it does surprise me they even offer a CD.

Marsman

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nail, congrats on the order. Again, send me a message when you get the truck in, I will take a ride up I79 and take a look at your new truck !
That's odd that the options are linked to one another... can't get speakers with 20" wheels.... and the CD player... I have a bunch of CD and a few CD players in the house, but for cars, if CDs did not go the way of the 8 track yet, they will soon, so it does surprise me they even offer a CD.

Marsman
Sounds fishy to me. The Canadian Build+Price makes you add or delete all the pre-requisites while building, and although most of your options are linked to SOMETHING, none of the features you mentioned are linked in the B+P system. Very strange.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made a correction to my post. if i go with the 17" wheel i cannot factory order the wheel to wheel side steps but the dealer said they can install them for $800.
Marsman, i haven't official ordered yet. I have sent this build out to about 15 places. I have only talked to a couple and need to return phone calls to a few the rest i have not heard from. I wanted to do as much as i could through email but one local dealer said they do not like to operate that way and that they will beat anyone’s deal and to just stop down. I did have some time after work so i stopped. The first time he came back saying "I was able to work a great deal for you" It was a couple hundred under MSRP, I should have walked at that point as that was insulting. I stayed and played. After some time i got him to invoice but he would not go under. It is nice not needing a truck, I told him i wanted $1500 under invoice. I think i really would settle for $750 under. at that point the guy got really pissy. Told him i was not there to argue and thanked him for his time.
This is the dealer that told me i could not delete the cd, that i could not get the amp with 17" wheels, could not get the side steps with 17"s and could not get just the camera.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am kinda in the same spot as you. I really want a Outdoorsman.

I have attached a build sheet with pricing for a big horn from a dealer near me on 2/7/14.

View attachment 89
Sheepdogtrail, looks pretty close to the same. Is it better to build it from a SLT than the Big Horn? Also is there a reason you are not getting the side steps? I was going to just do after market ones but invoice on factory are only $510 and i didnt think that was bad. I noticed the invoice price on the Ecodiesel was $3400 i thought it was only $2850???

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Apples and oranges are both fruit but not the same.

$3,400 is the INVOICE price difference between the diesel and the V6 gas engine. That comes out to $4K msrp pricing.

The $2,850 is a msrp price difference between the Hemi and the diesel.

You are comparing wholesale with retail from using three different engines. Kind of like apples and oranges.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sheepdogtrail, looks pretty close to the same. Is it better to build it from a SLT than the Big Horn? Also is there a reason you are not getting the side steps? I was going to just do after market ones but invoice on factory are only $510 and i didnt think that was bad. I noticed the invoice price on the Ecodiesel was $3400 i thought it was only $2850???
I was told by the dealer that the bighorn and the outdoorsman are built from the SLT. I don't know if that is true. But that is what I was told.

Regarding the side steps. I initially thought I would just order the ones from the factory. But I now think I will go aftermarket in a matte black aluminum one. I could save a few hundred dollars and it will give me and the dealer less to haggle about on the price.

I just need the truck at this point.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was told by the dealer that the bighorn and the outdoorsman are built from the SLT. I don't know if that is true. But that is what I was told.

Regarding the side steps. I initially thought I would just order the ones from the factory. But I now think I will go aftermarket in a matte black aluminum one. I could save a few hundred dollars and it will give me and the dealer less to haggle about on the price.

I just need the truck at this point.
The Outdoorsman and BigHorn start with the same equipment as an SLT but there's some features exclusive to the particular model so it's not like they literally took an SLT and added to it

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on the ram site you can not add comfort or luxury to the SLT but you can to the Big Horn. It looks like sheepdogtrail was able to on his build sheet

·
Registered
366 Posts
on the ram site you can not add comfort or luxury to the SLT but you can to the Big Horn. It looks like sheepdogtrail was able to on his build sheet
On www.ramtruck.ca you can build an SLT with both of those features. I built an SLT quad cab 4x4 with comfort($500) and Luxury($695). Perhaps its another area-based limitation?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Should I be able to delete the CD player?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is my build and best price so far. what do you think? as i see it im at invoice minus holdback but maybe my math is wrong???
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine, 3.55 rear end
17“ wheels
Protection Group, Comfort Group, Luxury Group
Rear Window Defroster
Trailer Brake Control
Air Suspension, 4-Corner
Rear Camera
i have a email price of $44,440 before tax title and also before rebates. i am waiting for them to send me the build with prices on it instead of just an emailed price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts