RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I submitted my claim on June 12th by certified mail with tracking number. The Post office has notified “Eco Diesel Settlement” twice to pick it up. Yet, as of now, they have not picked it up. The Post Office will send back my mail on July 1st.

I called the Settlement company and they told me that it was a “small department” and they are “swamped” with claims and it was best to apply online.

If you mailed in your claim, and have not heard anything yet, you should file again online. Otherwise, it may not get processed as quickly, or may be left sitting in the Post Office.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ha June 12th, try May 7th here submitted electronically.

Just says it is under review. Had the AEM flash on Monday, dealership had previous owners information so had to change it.

Maybe they, FCA, are awaiting the first owner to submit a claim and that is why it is still under review?

Are you a second owner?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just says it is under review. Had the AEM flash on Monday, dealership had previous owners information so had to change it.

Maybe they, FCA, are awaiting the first owner to submit a claim and that is why it is still under review?

Are you a second owner?
First Owner...ran great for 36,000 miles. Remains to be seen how bad the mileage will be. Looks like at least -3 to -4 mpg around town. Hope the towing range doesn't suffer too much.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Are you a second owner?
Me Too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sent my paperwork via USPS also on may 19th. Looked online last Thursday and they claim they haven't received them yet. So I used my phone to scan the papers and emailed them. Today I received a call telling me I have to send all 8 pages, just not the ones you sign and notarize.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I submitted my claim on May 15th and I still have the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete". I had seen in one other thread here, someone said FCA told them it would stay like that until they had confirmation that the AEM was complete. Basically "We aren't going to look at your claim until you've done the update". I didn't believe it at first but I dropped the truck off at the dealer today and the service writer confirmed this is the case. They also told me they are required by law to do the update and if they don't they will be fined $25,000 (yes 25 thousand) by FCA.

has anybody else heard about this fine?

Also, for those who are choosing to not do the AEM, beware, you may not have a choice if you take it to the dealer for other work later on, they may force it on you if this fine is legitimate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sent my paperwork via USPS also on may 19th. Looked online last Thursday and they claim they haven't received them yet. So I used my phone to scan the papers and emailed them. Today I received a call telling me I have to send all 8 pages, just not the ones you sign and notarize.
where "online"are you looking?? i cant seem to find mine anywhere..
thanx

·
Registered
85 Posts
I submitted my claim on May 15th and I still have the hourglass next to "Document Package Complete". I had seen in one other thread here, someone said FCA told them it would stay like that until they had confirmation that the AEM was complete. Basically "We aren't going to look at your claim until you've done the update". I didn't believe it at first but I dropped the truck off at the dealer today and the service writer confirmed this is the case. They also told me they are required by law to do the update and if they don't they will be fined $25,000 (yes 25 thousand) by FCA.

Also, for those who are choosing to not do the AEM, beware, you may not have a choice if you take it to the dealer for other work later on, they may force it on you if this fine is legitimate.
The dealer can't force it upon you. I suppose they could refuse to do any service or warranty work but that's about it.

A recommendation in another thread is to get the AEM installed, get the check and then get the GDE tune. This makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm not very mechanically inclined but I watched a YouTube video on swapping out the ECM and it looks very easy. Remove airbox, remove 4 10mm bolts, unplug and install.

It's a win all around. FCA will satisfy EPA/CARB. We'll get the GDE tune everyone seems to rave about and some extra cash to boot.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Snail mailed 5/3. No response. E mailed 6/8. Tracking number issued. AEM DONE 6/18. NOT THE SAME TRUCK.
Called yesterday. Apologetic but frank.

"Plan on a 3 month delay from e mail submission. Mail in is not counted. Throttle delay issue noted but no solution for dealers".

Wonderful... FCA, YOU JUST LOST A VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I too had been waiting on my hourglass to turn to a check mark. Just got off the phone with the settlement hotline and was told to get the AEM, the dealer would submit their documentation, and then the process would begin moving again. I submitted electronically May 11.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I too had been waiting on my hourglass to turn to a check mark. Just got off the phone with the settlement hotline and was told to get the AEM, the dealer would submit their documentation, and then the process would begin moving again. I submitted electronically May 11.
Don't count on AEM completed speeding the process up....I submitted on May 15th and received my case tracking number that day, I had the AEM done the next day May16. Roughly two weeks later the recalls on My-Mopar confirmed AEM completed. BUT I still have not received the offer papers or a second checkmark. My claim is still stuck on step 1 green check mark and below that the hourglass.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Figure September. Then a month or so for the check. Realistically its looking like a 6 month timeline.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sent claim with all documentation via USPS priority express on 6 May. Tracking shows it was picked up on 7 May. Submitted claim again via the web portal on 13 June (with all documentation again) and the dodge dealer did the update on 20 June. The portal shows claim submitted but "verifying documents" as of today, 27 June. Tried the phone number provided to ask how much longer it would take to "verify documents," but what I got instead were questions about how I submitted my claim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I submitted my claim by mail on May 20th. One month later I had not received any response and called the FCA Settlement phone number. The person I spoke with suggested I submit the claim on the website. I did so on June 20. I immediately received a claim number. Today I tracked the claim on the website, and there was a check mark next to claim submitted and an hour glass next to document package complete. I called the toll free number and spoke to a person who told me that she could see on her computer that I had completed the software update and that everything I submitted online appeared complete and that the next step was for a claims manager to review my claim. The representative told me that she did not know when the review would take place and that they appreciated my patience. Also, there was still no record of the claim I submitted by mail.

It has been about a month since I had the upgrade installed. I have noticed some hesitation when starting out from a stop when the engine is cold. Also, I suspect the fuel mileage may have dropped by one or two mpg, but I have not done sufficient driving to confirm. Otherwise, the truck seems to run fine. Our truck is a 2016 Crew Cab we bought new and has about 25000 miles on the odometer. The dealer took less than a day to complete all the recalls and perform an oil change. We have been very satisfied with the EcoDiesel truck. In addition to our regular driving, we have towed a small 5th wheel trailer a total of about 5000 miles with no problems.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would feel very conficent that any snail mail, registered or not was a total waste of time. FCA should be ashamed. I would also submit thousands, possibly 25% or more of the claims were snail mailed. Most of those good folks are deer in the headlights. They will never see closure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine has been sitting in this state for nearing on 6 weeks now. I called the other day and they said it is taking up to 6 weeks, only to remind me that I'm approaching 6 weeks. I guess that mine will be the new benchmark on how long it will take.

RAM_Capture.JPG

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine has been sitting in this state for nearing on 6 weeks now. I called the other day and they said it is taking up to 6 weeks, only to remind me that I'm approaching 6 weeks. I guess that mine will be the new benchmark on how long it will take.

View attachment 81088
7 weeks today, and AEM completed the day after I submitted the claim. My claim page is still like yours, a check mark and an hourglass. Mopar really must have understaffed the claim department of possibly they hired the team that designed the Obamacare web site.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Where do i go online to file my claim? Or to get the snail mail form? Do you have to leavr your truck with them or is is something that can be done while you wait for it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts