RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my order officially placed today at Capital Dodge in Ottawa!!! 8-10 weeks Estimated! (ordered as of 08/01/2014)
4x4 Outdoorsman Quad Cab, White 2-tone!
-Autostart/Security Group
-Trailer Brake Controller(no hitch though, I get a better deal locally, but the integrated controller beats the hell out of aftermarket)
-Carpet Delete
-Delete Outdoorsman Decal on Box

Adding a Cap(to keep my dog/gear), and Carbon Fiber hood from Carbon Creations("sport" style replica), and some window tint then call it a day until next spring.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got 3.92s. My driving style was plenty economical as far as mileage. I do most of my driving at 60-80 km/h, which is less than highway speed and from my test-driving it was just fine to hit the mileage numbers I require. I don't lead-foot and it and rarely get all the way upto highway speed for the 3.55 to be significantly better.

Will do! My dealer has the most buying power/volume in Ontario(they say), so it should be punctual. I'll have some You-Tube walkaround footage on Day 1 and real-world mileage videos by my first oil change!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I got 3.92s. My driving style was plenty economical as far as mileage. I do most of my driving at 60-80 km/h, which is less than highway speed and from my test-driving it was just fine to hit the mileage numbers I require. I don't lead-foot and it and rarely get all the way upto highway speed for the 3.55 to be significantly better.
That is great news that the Outdoorsman is available with the 3.92 rear end. That is what I want to get.

There has been conflicting information about this and all the dealers I have contacted in the US said it looks like to them that it would not be offered with the 3.92. However, none of them have been able to verify anything according to them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer said that with the Outdoorsman, the 3.55 is the only rear end that's unavailable. I didn't even bother building online because it's glitchy as hell for Canada

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
That's nice you could do that.

White is the best for here in Florida too. Dark colors are both hot and then when washed, immediately evaporate water and show nasty spots.

Still waiting until I can order. Hope you get it and enjoy!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I leave the province for a ski trip Tuesday, I'll be back in February and I'll start nagging my dealer for info lol

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
You don't have to leave. I have a friend, lives in Keswick. You can ski to Lake Simco (think that's it...catch perch there) from his back yard. Of course, he's down here now getting away from that ice and snow.

Your order is interesting with the "delete carpet" and the deletion of that "Outdoorsman" decal. Did not know you could do stuff like that.

Have fun skiing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you go to ramtruck.ca, you can see Delete Carpet right in the Build+Price, but my dealer is having a body shop remove the decals+rebuff the clearcoat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts