RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from lawn service, and my engine light came on. The truck has 2700 miles on it. The sad part is, I was wondering when it would be my turn. I made a contact with my dealer an hour away and they are going to call me in the morning hopefully with an appointment. The family plan was to take the truck on a 480 mile trip one way on Thursday from the Upper Peninsula to the Detroit area. We will see what tomorrow brings. This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer was going to get me in this morning. I get 1 mile down the road and the engine light goes out. All is well for now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wouldn't panic on the engine light. There are so many things that could cause it to come on that are self fixing etc. i am a strong believer to make sure you ave oil and water and oil pressure and drive it a bit. Most codes clear. I'm sure some of you are thinking that im crazy, but... works out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is it the check engine or the emissions system light and if it is not blinking would not worry about it. The sensors that they make them put on the emissions system are nuts. Have driven thousands of miles with the emissions system lights on with my Cummins and now do the same with this truck and it goes out in a day or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts