RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on multiple posts on other sites that ordering for 2014 deisels are now closed....is this true? Also that there is significant changes coming for 2015 MY, anybody have the inside scoop from someone in the know??

·
Registered
75 Posts
This might explain the flakey salesman I've been dealing with since Saturday. I sure hope they don't change too much.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Anyone who replies, please try to have factual information or at least reference the source. This is not to say that the rumors are not true, or that they are fact and not rumor. But until it is proven with fact, it don't take a lot of rumors to cause a lot of speculation.......

that said I been waiting for 14-15 years for a light duty half ton diesel.... hope if this is true, that it is not a production problem or issue, and it's just over booking..... .

Marsman

·
Registered
592 Posts
Autoguild ​is pretty good about posting stuff like that and I haven't seen a word.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my buddies is in the process of getting prices, today he was at a dealer and he could not order the diesel the 2 other dealers he was at before this earlier in the week he had no problem building a truck....so i dunno. I wouldnt be surprised if they ran out of motors to sell. The one plant in italy that makes them i believe has the capacity to produce only a modest amount.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't start with rumors until you have a source like a link or some kind of "common sense" evidence. Lots of people are tense as it is.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
One of my buddies is in the process of getting prices, today he was at a dealer and he could not order the diesel the 2 other dealers he was at before this earlier in the week he had no problem building a truck....so i dunno. I wouldnt be surprised if they ran out of motors to sell. The one plant in italy that makes them i believe has the capacity to produce only a modest amount.
Right now... there should be no issues in the supply chain. Yes... the engines come from Italy, and the trans comes from Germany.... but there hasn't been any word about a shortage. (the 8 spd for the 3.7L Gas V6 is made in the USA)

With that said... there are allotment issues. SO... if a dealer is over their allotment... that could keep an order from going in. BUT, regardless... the regional rep should be able to push it, if he wants a truck from a dealer that is over sold.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No starting any rumours bud, my buddy was telling me about him not being able to order one today when i was talking to him tonight, and i was doing some reading on other sites. Also its a fact that the factory that makes the 3.0 doesnt have huge capacity...

·
Registered
556 Posts
What you may want to check on is allotments, which is different from the closing date on all orders (i.e. they are switching to 2015).

According to this site -> Build-out Start-up Dates ? Publications ? ARI - Automotive Fleet Management fleet orders close in April (17th). That is fleet - don't know how that impacts regular joe's but I would guess it would be pretty close.

Allotments - dealer may be over the amount of vehicles they can order for a specific timeframe. Person on another forum advised that the allotments are reset each month (he thought around the 7th). So your dealer may hold on to your order for March if he is out of allotment - and try to place in April when his window opens again. (One thing I am not sure on - do personal orders count in the allotment - or is it only vehicles ordered for the dealers lot).

I was dealing with a Dealership that advised I should be serious about buying before April. When I pressed - he said end of March ok. Middle of April should be ok. End of April maybe not. That last part fits with the website link posted. But again I should stress the the site is for fleet orders - it was provided to me more as a general guide, as I was asking the same question. But it looks like general buyers use it as well, at least as a reference.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I guess I should also advise that I just bought a Diesel - 3/24/14. Order went in that day, and I received a build sheet/VON. I am trying to confirm now if that means the order has been accepted - should know on Saturday. But from what I understand the fact they were able to generate a build sheet/VON indicates that the order is in the system.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Once again my dealer wasn't able to generate a build sheet for me today, it'll take all my options but won't generate the sheet and the system doesn't give any messages :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
I read in a article about this diesel engine that initially VM was producing 150 of these a day and that production was increased to 350-400 units per day meet the demand.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just for additional confirmation, I also ordered a Ram 1500 Laramie Limited 4x4 ED the evening of Monday, 3/24/14. The dealer must have keyed it in the next day because at 6:30 am Wednesday, 3/26, I received the first email from RamTruck's "order tracking" system confirming acceptance and....."we are processing your order".

I received another email yesterday (Thursday) morning at 6:33 am from RamTrucks saying "Your new Ram Truck is now scheduled for production. Your vehicle may reside in this status for up to two weeks as the production line is prepared for assembly". Looks like the order entry process worked through my dealer. The countdown has started !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts