RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Need a volunteer !!!

11K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  sportsguy 
#1 ·
Is there anyone here in the corona California area ? The reason I ask is I spoke with AFE about a 4inch dpf back single exhaust for our trucks but they need someone to come by so they can take measurements !

G
#3 · (Edited)
No can do, that's a violation of EPA and CARB clean air standards for the environment all of us live in, and goes against Clean Diesel technology, and browning up our skies with excessive NOX generation.

There is no need for a 4" back exhaust system on a 3.0 liter turbo diesel, unless you are retarded in the laws of physics. It flat out doesn't flow enough, and you shouldn't be running the motor much above 2500 rpms anyways.

Strongly suggest you read your Owners Manual, cover to cover, this is not like any other previous diesel vehicle that you've owned.

#5 ·
Aftermarket diesel parts maker fined $1 million by CARB
The California Air Resources Board has fined a diesel parts manufacturer $1 million for selling aftermarket equipment that modified emission control systems. - See more at: Aftermarket diesel parts maker fined $1 million by CARB

#6 ·
Ok let me start off by saying no mods will be done to your vehicle just measurements , I am aware of the laws in California regarding diesels this for a Texas truck that will be " off road use only " I wasnt trying to raise all kinds of hell about it , I was just curious if someone lived near by !

G
#7 · (Edited)
And the Pope is Jewish.

No need for Texas plates, then, or registration, or insurance either on your truck?

I smell a shill. One that lies, too. Your veracity is questionable.

Let's be realistic, it's not just CARB, your truck is an EPA approved 50 state truck. EPA happens to be in alignment with CARB on diesel powered engines and pollution controls required of them to be public consumption legal on our streets for the purpose of travel or commerce.
Hope this helps your "awareness" level and gets you up to speed on the subject. Just trying to help educate the masses.

#9 ·
Niner please read thoroughly this is emission back !!!!!!!!! I'm not trying to cut down trees here I'd just like a way to get rid of the mufflers behind the emission system

G
#12 · (Edited)
Sir, what exactly are you trying to eliminate with a 4" exhaust pipe, versus the stock system? Once you run engine exhaust through a turbo charger, and a DPF, as well as a SCR NOX filter, there is nothing much to be gained past those pollution control systems, except noise. Zero, nada, nothing. Noise is something children enjoy making, the older and wiser crowd enjoy silence as well as peace and quiet.

Unless you consider increased exhaust noise "performance" you are fooling yourself and everyone else. Then this "for off road use only" post. Another WTF moment... your veracity and intent is lost... FAIL.

You will never reduce exhaust pressure on a turbo charged engine. Why? Because the exhaust turbine side runs at 3 to 4x the pressure as the compressor/boost side. That is back pressure against the pistons, rods, crank, the whole assembly, on the exhaust stroke. So if you are running full boost, 22 psi on the intake side, the pressure pre turbo on the exhaust side will be 66 to 88 psi running against the motor and drive train. There are no free lunches, if you gain boost on one side, you lose it in compression of the other side of the turbo, the exhaust side. Basic law of physics, nothing is free. So you can't make the motor breathe better, pre turbo, and that's the crux of the matter. What happens post turbo, on a VNT turbo design, is moot, in terms of increasing performance. Nill, Nada, Nothing.

Exhaust flow and pressures used to matter on normally aspirated engines, it matters not one bit on a turbocharged engine with a VNT Turbo design.

I would sooner spend my money on a penis enlargement surgery than exhaust modifications if I wanted a chick or a babe magnet or some such sort of compensator with the chick, babes, or hook up monsters, I don't know what you kids call them these days.

#13 ·
Ontario enforces clean air with routine emissions testing on all vehicles as a condition to renew your registration.

Alberta does not. My EcoDiesel is the only diesel vehicle I own that has emissions equipment on it.

My 2011 Cummins-Deleted
My 2010 Kenworth-Deleted

Province doesn't seem to care and everyone here does it. Some do it for performance, others for reliability. My Kenworth was actually deleted by the dealership prior to delivery by my request.

#17 ·
As I said before I'm not trying to start shit here I'm new to the scr system / emissions on the eco diesel . my previous truck was a 2010 6.4 fully deleted . As the post says I was asking if someone was in the area not for a lesson in law or others views on cosmetics of my vehicle ! If this is not you a simple click on the back arrow will suffice !

97hmcs PLEASE READ! Mufflers BEHIND emission system .

G
#18 ·
What do you intend to gain, deleting the muffler? this is a piss ant sized 3.0 liter diesel motor, WTF do you think it's going to sound like? A hell of a lot less than a 6.7 Cummins. A joke.... like a fart in a tornado, no one cares to hear it. Or smell it. Which is generally what these deletes do, make noise and stink. Stick your head under neath your truck, and see where the muffler sits, after the SCR injection system.

Really, you are chasing unicorn farts and rainbows with the thought process being applied.

#21 ·
I'm starting to feel like I interrupted murder she wrote or jello time at the home! I'm not asking you to give me your opinions ! there are no noise regulations in my county so...... And there is no way you will ever hear my truck so it's no concern of yours .

#22 ·
who is this guy? calm down a little man. you like taking jabs at everyone dont ya. as thats about all youve done. if your're trying to spread a message change your angle a little and maybe you'll get people to listen. But the way you're goin about it all people see is you attacking them and tottaly lose what youre saying.

#27 ·
While apparently having a bad day, everything he said is accurate. There are laws on the books against most of what you are looking to do. Defeating emissions and making your truck louder may cost you in fines and friends. But it is a free country so have fun....

#31 ·
Apparently, not intentionally. When the OP's original post stated "DPF back single exhaust" , the SCR would be eliminated thus defeating the emissions and that's why I questioned it within my original reply (post #2).

Seems like this caused a lot of confusion, but all is well now and I think we are back on track.

#37 ·
Sorry for the confusion 97hmcs like I said I'm new to the eco diesel emission set up ! And thank you to everyone else who wasn't trying to push there views of how to be a model resident at sunny acres retirement center on me !

#40 ·
Well, if it's just a muffler delete that you want and a bigger pipe, they are available. MBRP 3.5" DPF Back, Dodge (2014) 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel, Dual Side Exit, Aluminized

However, if you are expecting a much louder exhaust note, you aren't going to get it. The SCR/DEF system is not only good at eliminating emissions, but noise as well. The emission system is a very efficient muffler. It has been asked before as to why they even put a muffler on the truck. Here is a YouTube video of an Ecodiesel with a straight pipe.

#41 ·
Oh please give it a rest....

Are you an emissions cop?

Are you blind?

Niner you sound like a Winer !!!!!!!!!!

Just look at your city buses or a train perhaps (unless you live in the bush and under a rock).

Maybe we all enjoy and like to see big massive puffs of black toxic waste spewing from our tailpipes! I certainly do!

Our Rams would be much better off without you and all of the emission controls.

Give it a rest already Winer

Just saying...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.