RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following all the discussions about the concerns w/the Eco Diesel but damn, the truck fits everything I need so closely I'd like to make things work out. I see from many of the discussions that finding the right one and then getting it tuned correctly may be the key.

I'm looking for one that can serve as a steady daily driver and then support my trailering needs pulling a 6500-7000lb travel trailer. I also don't want to buy new and would like a very comfortable truck so I'm focusing on the Laramie trims.

I found this one and it seem to have all the key pieces... one owner, low number of service visits and the 3.92 axle to increase the tow capacity up to around 8500lbs.

What do you all think, does this look like a low risk option???

Thanks in advance for the input.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like a nice rig, low miles etc. Has the fuel filter been changed? Need to @ 20K miles. Don't judge the performance on the way it runs now. Just know that it will run WAY better after the GDE tune. I drove my '17 for about 50,000 mi before I got the compliant tune. You can't even compare the difference. I'm towing a bit heavier trailer than you with 3.55's with NO issue. Just be sure you have a good WDH that is set up properly. Add some Airbags to compensate for the 700 to 800 tongue weight and you should have a great towing rig. Best of luck. They're a great pickup.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If u like it buy it. You won't b sorry, these are great trucks. Towing near 8k w/ 3:55's and it tows just fine.
Going into my 5th year with this truck and still love driving it!

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
136 Posts
I don’t know what the asking price is, but this truck hasn’t moved much for 4+ years.

I wouldn’t even think about doing the gde tune, unless (YOU) feel it needs it.

good luck in your purchase👍

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've been following all the discussions about the concerns w/the Eco Diesel but damn, the truck fits everything I need so closely I'd like to make things work out. I see from many of the discussions that finding the right one and then getting it tuned correctly may be the key.
Absolutely needs a tune if you buy it, anyone that says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I wouldn’t even think about doing the gde tune, unless (YOU) feel it needs it.
Why you say this?

I ordered my Laramie because I could get everything I would have ordered in a Limited but for about $5000 less. Love the Laramie package. GDE tunes here since 457mi.

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
136 Posts
Don’t worry about justind, he doesn’t even own Ram, he drives a F150 POS , that has a 36 gal tank and can only go 700 miles on it = 19.4 mpg (pathetic)

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Green Diesel Engineering EPA Compliant Hot Tune/Trans Tune is well worth the investment, I just bought a new left over 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie ecodiesel in August and I installed the Green Diesel Engineering tune around the 1,000 mile mark. The Green Diesel Engineering tune really improves the drivability of the truck, plus I ordered the optional Regen message and Exhaust Brake options.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That truck needs to be taken in for the recalls, the EGR cooler will be replaced and it will receive a software update that you will not like but that is where the Green Diesel Engineering EPA Compliant Hot Tune/Trans Tune comes in. It will completely change the drivability of the truck putting a smile on your face.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Longhorn 4x2, 2019 Jeep Warngler Sport 2dr, 2019 Harley Road Glide Ultra
39 Posts
Loaded truck! Buy it, get all the recalls done, tune it and you will LOVE it!!

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Buy it, GDE tune it and love it!!!
Definitely a completely different vehicle when tuned.
2016 GDE tuned, 237,000 kms and getting well over 30 miles per gallon.
Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
812 Posts

I'm looking for one that can serve as a steady daily driver and then support my trailering needs pulling a 6500-7000lb travel trailer. I also don't want to buy new and would like a very comfortable truck so I'm focusing on the Laramie trims.

I found this one and it seem to have all the key pieces... one owner, low number of service visits and the 3.92 axle to increase the tow capacity up to around 8500lbs.

What do you all think, does this look like a low risk option???

Thanks in advance for the input.
Hi: TnTAZ... "Take two aspirins and call me in the morning".
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts