RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I need some info on a couple parts.

1: V-Band clamp size for turbo downpipe - Doing a delete and figured id ought to replace the old factory one. Also is this a standard V-Band clamp?

2: CCV Hose Elbow - Some are replacing the CCV plastic press and pull with a solid elbow. Can anyone tell me what size? or a link to the right part?

If anyone has done a full delete before, I'd love to hear more feedback as to things to look out for and or do in this process.

Thanks
-Eco.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello all,

I need some info on a couple parts.

1: V-Band clamp size for turbo downpipe - Doing a delete and figured id ought to replace the old factory one. Also is this a standard V-Band clamp?

2: CCV Hose Elbow - Some are replacing the CCV plastic press and pull with a solid elbow. Can anyone tell me what size? or a link to the right part?

If anyone has done a full delete before, I'd love to hear more feedback as to things to look out for and or do in this process.

Thanks
-Eco.
I will measure the diameter tomorrow.

These are pipes I used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flo-Pro-86...ash=item466817bbb8:g:I5oAAMXQfvlSeGEl&vxp=mtr

I added a flex:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YMFLEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I welded it in right after the bend, before straight (horizontal) pipe.

I also added gasket

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NYPPD-2-5-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

but I had to shave it a bit around to make it work.

I used stock (original) V-band

The biggest PITA for me was to take stock crap down and sensors located in such a place.... GRRRR unbelievable...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The biggest PITA for me was to take stock crap down and sensors located in such a place.... GRRRR unbelievable...
I got my delete done. It took about a total of 12 hours between my father and I. We took our time, and had to modify the pipe to fit the DPF back system I already had installed. Instead of the flex pipe we attached another "J" hook type of rod into the extra grommet spot off the frame for better rigidity for the up/down motion. The 2 sensors in the worst spot ever near the DPF. I have large hands so they got marked and snipped. Now just going to try and reconnect the Cat Bank 1 sensor for some EGT's. Just a matter of finding which sensor that is.

·
Registered
'15 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman ED CC 4x4 in black
1 Posts
Here is pic of original down pipe:

View attachment 68313

I hope you can figure out the V-band clamp size.
I know this is an old thread, but I would like to offer the opportunity to those searching for this answer in the future to avoid the headaches I went through with this clamp.

I saw the quoted picture and I assumed I needed a 3" v band clamp to replace the original PITA one. I had eventually snapped the bolt off of the OEM clamp after messing around with it for much longer than I care to admit. The nut was completely rust-welded to the clamp's bolt and no amount of pb blaster would have saved it.

In all, I tried 4 different clamps. Both of the 3" clamps I bought were waaaay too big and would have needed serious modification to work. So I ordered a 2.5" clamp thinking it would have enough bolt length to stretch around even if it was a tad tight. I was very wrong yet again. So after many hours of internet searching I discovered the one clamp to rule them all.

Part number 35636 made by Walker Exhaust, a 2.75" v band clamp which fit almost exactly like stock.

20210407_165053.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts