RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me contribute. I just picked up a new 2018 SLT, Crew Cab, ED. It was loaded out with options by the dealer and just didn't sell. With the 2020s coming I got a good deal.

I have been creeping this site for info going on three years now, drooling over the 1500 ED. Well, in this first few days of ownership I am not disappointed!

I'm in Canada and we don't have inspections for emissions but I am wondering about the GDE tune. Is there any way that the dealer can see it on a scan? With the Uconnect system that seems to talk to everything, can FCA HQ see if there is a tune? I have never had such a tech-heavy vehicle and am wondering what I can do. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to download the app and remote start the truck from my phone. All the functions worked (took about 30 seconds to go through).

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Reads like you already know quite a bit about your new Ecodiesel.

GDE. That's the second thing you should do, right after signing the papers to take ownership. That way you will have done the two good things in a row.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts