RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice. It's amazing to see what kind of deals are out there. What trim/options did you get? Do you have any first drive impressions compared to the previous ED?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. It's amazing to see what kind of deals are out there. What trim/options did you get? Do you have any first drive impressions compared to the previous ED?
There’s some appearance package, trailer tow package, a few other things. Pretty basic. The interior looks exactly the same as my 2014 eco-diesel. Everything feels the same

·
Super Moderator
2,987 Posts
Cab bed options pics?

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
That is just a bit more than my 2014 cost me back then.

Sure hope you enjoy it. Curious if it also has that EGR recall for December 13th or maybe they put in a different one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is just a bit more than my 2014 cost me back then.

Sure hope you enjoy it. Curious if it also has that EGR recall for December 13th or maybe they put in a different one.
I asked the salesman if it was part of the recall and he said no. I have my doubts though

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
I asked the salesman if it was part of the recall and he said no. I have my doubts though
Good question. Unfortunately salesman say all the right things to get the sale. They are well-trained to size you up, get familiar and comfortable with you, then make the sale. They are not often mechanically trailed or even familiar with the mechanical aspects of their products, with the exception of controls and computer stuff.

Take the vin# and use it to pursue what, if any, updates and recalls might be on it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not a bad price at all.

When I got mine 18 months ago, I was messing with Dave Smith in Idaho going back and forth, until I came right out and said "I want a Tradesman without all the electrical stuff that ends up going kaputz."

The sales dude then offered me a 2017 (right after the EPA released all those 2017's that were held up" for $29,900. I said I'd think about it.

The next day HIS boss calls me, offers me a price of $28,900. Well hells bells, I put down a deposit on the spot, a few days later I was driving it home.

Out the door, with spray in box liner, mudflaps and weathertech floor mats was $30,000 even. This was pre-title/reg, I think that was around $150.

And a nice truck it's been so far, no complaints and no issues, but this damnable EGR cooler recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts