RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am doing a factory build this time around.
2020 Limited Crew 4x4 with the 6'4" box.
Patriot Blue with the Indigo frost interior.
Level 1 group
Bed group
Multi function tailgate
Larger fuel tank
Hitch and trailer brake
Sunroof
22" Wheels

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to build and show up!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats and you're going to love the truck!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Air suspension? Tow hooks and skid plates?

I got lucky in '16, my truck was exactly 4 weeks from order to delivery. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Congrats! It's talked about to be the best. Enjoy it and let us know.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Air suspension? Tow hooks and skid plates?

I got lucky in '16, my truck was exactly 4 weeks from order to delivery. Good luck with yours.
The air suspension is standard on the limited. I didn't get the skid plates. I don't spend much time off road, but I do need the bed for water heaters and other things for work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm told my order has been hot coded. I'm not sure what that means.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Nice truck for sure and a beautiful interior. I will be interested in hearing how the light color wears and looks after a few years of wear. I opted for the saddle tan of the Longhorn again after having it in my 2014 Longhorn which wore well and cleaned up nicely and I don't always have the cleanest clothes on when I use the truck. The air suspension on the new trucks is even better than the previous series. The compressor is quieter, the height changes happen quicker and you can go into aero mode at much lower speed and infact you can set it up to go into aero mode from the start and not even go up to normal. I leave mine that way and put it into normal mode manually when I am on a rough road but aero is fine for most paved highways.

You'll love it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice truck for sure and a beautiful interior. I will be interested in hearing how the light color wears and looks after a few years of wear. I opted for the saddle tan of the Longhorn again after having it in my 2014 Longhorn which wore well and cleaned up nicely and I don't always have the cleanest clothes on when I use the truck. The air suspension on the new trucks is even better than the previous series. The compressor is quieter, the height changes happen quicker and you can go into aero mode at much lower speed and infact you can set it up to go into aero mode from the start and not even go up to normal. I leave mine that way and put it into normal mode manually when I am on a rough road but aero is fine for most paved highways.

You'll love it.
I've had black interiors on my last 3 trucks sonit was time for a change. The leather in my last limited has held up nicely and once I saw the indigo frost I really liked it. I'm not usually too dirty, but I do have 3 kids...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice truck you’ll be getting. It took 7 weeks and 2 days for my Laramie to get delivered to the dealership.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dealer just told me to plan on 10-12 weeks.
My dealer said 9 to 12 weeks. I hope it comes a bit faster. I'm not sure if having it "hot coded" means anything, but he had a build number for me last week. Not sure I can do anything with that information

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer told me today that my truck is D status, what does that mean?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Patriot Blue is a great color.
I’ve got the OK to go get me a new personal vehicle. Hopefully we’ll see some real big discounts coming back soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My truck was delivered to the dealer exactly 7 weeks to the day that I placed the order. Truck ordered on January 18th, delivered on March 7th. Delivery was quoted to be as many as 12 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't place a lot faith in D status, other than the fact that parts are available for the build. If I remember right at the end of the 4th week I was at D status, no build date, but according to the dealer the truck was in Transit. At the end of the 5th week I was still D status, no build date. Towards the end of the 6th week, Dealer called and said that truck was listed as Transit 2. Truck arrived at the end of the 7th week. What we didn't do was contact Chrysler Customer Care to see if the truck was still in D status, would have been interesting.

Bob

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My truck was delivered to the dealer exactly 7 weeks to the day that I placed the order. Truck ordered on January 18th, delivered on March 7th. Delivery was quoted to be as many as 12 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't place a lot faith in D status, other than the fact that parts are available for the build. If I remember right at the end of the 4th week I was at D status, no build date, but according to the dealer the truck was in Transit. At the end of the 5th week I was still D status, no build date. Towards the end of the 6th week, Dealer called and said that truck was listed as Transit 2. Truck arrived at the end of the 7th week. What we didn't do was contact Chrysler Customer Care to see if the truck was still in D status, would have been interesting.

Bob
Congratulations Bob! Can you post pictures of your new truck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks BlackEcoRam.

As this is your thread, I will post them here. I will also start a new thread, including pictures, along with some observations over the first 480 miles, A number of local interstate trips to get a feel for the truck. Color is a little boring, but it always looks clean.

Hopefully you have received your truck by now.

I just really wanted to interject my findings of the "D" status. It at least lets you know that the parts are there for the build, just waiting for the formal spot in line.

Bob

The baby Ram
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have mine yet. My sale friend said it was still showing in D1 status. Hopefully it was built and will be shipped soon. Either way I'm still cruising around in a very nice 2018 Limited Ecodiesel

1 - 20 of 132 Posts