RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my local tire shop gave me $600 for my stock tires and I picked up a set of Federal MT 35x12.50r20 they fit great with my 2" motofab level trucks mpg is going to take a hicky but as long as she still gets 22-23 daily mpg I'll be extremely happy. They have a little road noise but I'm used to much worse with my older cummins.

Before as stock everything
20140328_101146.jpg
20140328_101159.jpg

After everything has been added
20140429_104837.jpg
20140429_104850.jpg

Reactions: 85Clint

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome! Looks clean and proportional. I plan doing the same (leveling kit and 35' tires) but am concerned how big of a hit mpg will take. Try and give us a update once you get some city and hwy numbers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
looks good. I want the 4 in lift and will go with maybe the Bf Goodrich AT 35 x 12.50 x 20. looks like you were able to keep stock rims. Was that an issue?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope no issues. Everything fit great i was going to use Hankook MT but was on back order and he was able to get these at a really good price. Maybe down the road I'll go to the 4" lift but for now this will work.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Like the look. I take it you haven't had any problems with the Motofabs then. I am probably going to purchase the 2" kit very soon. truck should be delivered hopefully next month.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem what so ever. My local dealers all said any level 2" and under has had zero bad feed back with control arms or ball joints. They said anything 2.5 or larger have had a lot of problems on 2013/2014 trucks. I'm fixing to put the 1.5" coil spacer on the rear so when I'm loaded heavy it won't be close to rubbing.

I would recommend motofabs to anyone. Also on the mpg lie-o-meter is showing 22.7 mpg with new tires on since I filled up 122 miles ago that's 50/50 hwy/country driving (haha country driving is like city except its stopping every mile section or pasture instead stoplight/cityblock)

I told my wife when I bought the truck anything over 20 mpg would be a huge improvement once I had level/lift plus 35" tires. So far so good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No rubbing when turning the wheel lock to lock? In the picture of your truck it only has a 2" spacer in the front? Is it sitting level with the front spacer?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no rubbing when the wheel is turned all the way. These trucks have a 3" rake so the rear sits 1" high still till I get the rear spacer on(plan on doing it Saturday in the shop at ranch) I really wanted to do a 4" lift around it but it just so much cheaper to do the 2" front 1-1/2" rear spacers and you don't have to change coils or shocks. truck still rides smooth and I went from a 2200lb rated 5 ply tire to a 3800lb 10 ply tire which is very important for all the dirt roads, pastures, and creeks I drive threw daily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TC, truck looks great. My question is this I'm looking at a set of 325x60x20, do I have to level it or can I get away without?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd definitely think you would need a level since that tire is wider and taller then what mine is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TC, so the Motofabs 2" is the way to go! I'm just a bit leery as I leveled my 2005 2500 and didn't replace the front shocks which made the truck harsh over bumps.If I'm understanding all the reading I'm doing you don't have to replace the shocks?! Did you do the level yourself? Much to it? Whats the latest MPG report?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts