RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 2800 mile trip just coasted into Moab Utah, stopped the truck in the driveway of a campground and low and behold, the engine would not start, dead, not radio, no nothing. First thing open the hood and there it is battery cable completely off, clamp was never tightened.

Otherwise great ride across the country, averaged 24.3 mpg mostly at speed limit, which is 75 once you cross the Mississippi.
Thought with a little head wind she drops to 21 or so. Drove some rough roads across the Rockies, air suspension and rear coils just make for one smooth ride. This got to be one of the finest light duty diesels anywhere, though what surprises me a bit is that we all ready went through six gallons of DEF in 3k miles. Another thing one has to get used to is the drive by wire throttle, she jumps a bit if you don't control the foot.

She is a Limited and all the goodies and gadgets encase you in luxury. The only thing Chrysler needs to take some lessons from the Germans on how to make auto high/low beam function flawless.

Overall, nothing but high praise:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Glad you found it.

When I get a new car... normally the morning after... I will pop the hood, and make sure all the fuses are pushed in, and then just pull/push on everything. (I've found loose cables in the past)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I check them just to see where the heck they are in case...

Added wiring to my battery terminals for extra stuff inside the cab. All was tight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing! Funny, we never think to check the battery terminals, and really we should.

What was the issue with the auto lights?
Switching from low beam to high and the other way around is automated, you never touch anything. Great for windy roads. You can elect doing this by hand.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The automated wipers could use a little finessing as well, they work great in normal rain. But they seem to get confused in light rain....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts