RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 ED Laramie 4x4 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,843 Posts
My issue with GM is that while I'm sure the engine is top tier, they will only offer it with their top tier truck too. The few the dealers will get will have every bell and whistle on the truck with a price to match.
That is an issue but I bought at the top of the Ram offerings and will add that GM didn't have anything equivalent to the Laramie package when I bought my 17. Diesel was not an option for any other 1500/150 at that time.

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 ED Laramie 4x4 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,843 Posts
Getting the number of specific units sold takes some effort but it's out there. As for the number associated with different failures, those numbers will (may) only come up if there is an investigation by NHTSA. Even then, you may have to dig through thousands of pages of filings to find an actual number. The car companies don't want the consumer to know the actual number for a few reasons. One, it can hurt future sales of that specific model. Two, if you happen to be driving one of the vehicles, you will want the car company to fix it. Even if you've not had a failure. Three, costs of repairs can greatly out strip the value of the vehicle. Look at the guy that just had his fuel system replaced for gas in the diesel. His total bill was around $17,000 and he caught it before there was any engine damage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts