RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
609 Posts
The only GM 3.0L owner that I knew personally had transmission issues. The dealer took it back and put her in a Ram.
I was going to mention the substandard transmission, but I already picked on them for over loading up their options ... hey, but you do get that 7 function tailgate (only available on the highest priced trucks).

· Registered
609 Posts
I guess VernDiesel said it the best "quirks". I've got several racing friends who tow with a new model GM and a notable amount of them report issues with the transmission that have required them to take it back to the dealer. 1 such racer got stranded in Maine a couple years back because the transmission died in the middle of nowhere. Yes antidotal, but they act like it was somewhat common.

· Registered
609 Posts
Yes, it's anecdotal evidence based on a subgroup of about 20 or so. However, using the same scrutiny this entire board would be invalid. Many years ago, I got a PhD in Music with a minor core in statistics just because I am nerd. While I am aware of a lot of standard principals of statistical analysis, including the ever forgotten B, I do gain knowledge from folks stories. While sometimes I just taking them with a grain of salt, l still realize they have experienced them.
The primary issue that does show up in all of these different discussions is the unwillingness of auto manufactures to share their numbers of failed parts and/or services, heck you can't even get the number of told volume sales.

So, to sum up, I know that on this board probably only once or twice folks complain about the ZF, however the few racing folks (which are mechanically inclined) I have talked with (less than 20) about their "new GM" seems to work in the woes or fears about the transmissions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts