RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I took delivery of a Quad Cab 4x4 Longhorn. I didn't really want this level of trim but after searching it was the closest I could find to what I wanted and figured I could get used to it. :) It's got every option available, I think. So far I've put 140 mixed use miles on it (I drive alot around town) and am averaging 25.5MPG which I'm really excited about. Tomorrow I'm headed on a 160 mile highway trip and looking forward to seeing what it gets. I just got the homelink all set up, radio stations programmed and all the iphone app stuff so I'm good to go. This is my first Ram in 16 years. My last 2 trucks were 6.7 scorpion Fords but I just got sick and tired of the 3/4 ton ride so here I am. I sure hope the gas mileage towing a 21' bass boat is better than the 13 I got with the 6.7 ford.

Cheers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
RE:

Congrats! I should be picking up mine tomorrow. It's a Bighorn package with the UConnect 8.4, Luxury Group and bucket seats and console, but as long as the diesel is there and it lives up to the mileage estimates, I'm excited. Good luck with yours and keep us posted on your mileage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome! It's a good group around here ! Enjoy your Ecodiesel

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a nicely equipped Laramie that at last report was only one state away from the dealer. Can't wait to check my mileage. It took some doing to convince my company that it was worth the extra bucks, so I am anxious for it to prove me right!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It will be 50 - 70% better.
I currently get about 10 mpg with my Chev Silverado pulling my dual axle trailer which weighs about 3000-3500 fully loaded with racebike and gear. If it gets the 19 they got in one test pulling a trailer twice the weight of mine, I will be a very happy guy!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats B!!

Did you negotiate some free oil changes into your deal? Also the service intervals are longer on this truck Vs your scorpion. 10k for oil and DEF (8gallon tank) should last about that depending on your driving habits compared to 5-7k on the oil and a gallon+ every week in DEF with the Ford.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hope you enjoy the truck. They are putting mine together right now...I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts