RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered april 12th Saturday a 2014 Laramie Limited diesel 4x4 crew cab. Dealer estimated 4-6 weeks prior to order. Too soon to see my order on the VOT website. How long are current orders taking? Does diesel impact the wait? I received a $500 rebate coupon in the mail from Chrysler on a new 1500 with delivery before June 2. That would be a bit over 6 weeks and worried I wont be able to use the rebate.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I ordered mine on march 12th and it showed up at the dealer this aft! Pretty fast I think. It was finished being built april 2nd

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in the same boat. My order for my Laramie was submitted in the system on Thursday and received a VON. I called the dealer today and had a VIN. I too have my 500 allowance that expires on Jun 2.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered mine truck on 4-8-14 and it is still showing Production Scheduled. But I am in no hurry for mine as I will not be able to pick it up tell July so I am hopping mine will be delayed a gets delivered the end of June.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same story here I signed on the dotted line at 830 pm and have the same issue with my coupon expiring on June 2nd.
I can't remember what I did to actually get it ,if anyone recalls the process please post it! Dealer claims my truck is atleast 8 weeks out.
I need to save some $$ so the wait is well received!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I also just checked the status today at the dealership. Ordered on 4/8, have a VIN, and in "D" status. I'm hoping by 2 June as well. Seems that it's been about 6 weeks average delivery now that the rails have loosened.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same story here I signed on the dotted line at 830 pm and have the same issue with my coupon expiring on June 2nd.
I can't remember what I did to actually get it ,if anyone recalls the process please post it! Dealer claims my truck is atleast 8 weeks out.
I need to save some $$ so the wait is well received!
At this point I got the 3.55 ratio I can change to 3.92 anyone have pros and cons? To either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went online to the Ram web site and requested information. About 4 week later I got the card a brochure with the allowance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered my 1500 Laramie Longhorn on 2/12/14. Was deliver to my dealership today picking up tomorrow afternoon. Took 8 weeks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I went online to the Ram web site and requested information. About 4 week later I got the card a brochure with the allowance.
I got nothing.

4 weeks for my truck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ordered april 12th Saturday a 2014 Laramie Limited diesel 4x4 crew cab. Dealer estimated 4-6 weeks prior to order. Too soon to see my order on the VOT website. How long are current orders taking? Does diesel impact the wait? I received a $500 rebate coupon in the mail from Chrysler on a new 1500 with delivery before June 2. That would be a bit over 6 weeks and worried I wont be able to use the rebate.
I ordered mine on 4/12 too. Outdoorsman CC. People are starting to get their trucks faster and faster! I too have the 500$ offer expiring June 2nd, hope mine comes in by then too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I want $500 off :(

If anyone finds out how to trigger this rebate, plz post asap.
You have to sign up on the ram web site for news/updates and a brochure and they MAY send you a $500 rebate in the mail in around 4 weeks or so. But it is not guaranteed that you will get one.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Seems like the first batch of orders took the longest. I ordered on 2/3 and am still waiting. It is supposed to be at the dealer today.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered back in January. (Canada) truck is still not here it has been built since early march. and no it is not an outdoorsman.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Went to the Ram site and checked my VIN. I am in the system and showing pending production. I know what a lot of you out there are going through waiting on your trucks. I had sold my Dakota the first week in October with the plan of placing an order. Week after week, then month after month I was told I will be able to order. Day after day I would check this form to see what the new news was on ordering. I would like to thank all for the great information and goodies that everyone is planning on doing to make there RAM one of a kind.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It may depend on dealer allotment, RE: when your build will get scheduled. A lot of people in Canada have been waiting for a while - but for some reason Canadians were allowed to order the Diesel back in November - even though the Trucks were not scheduled to be built until Feburary - and then had to go through a QA process, etc.

I place my order and received build sheet/VON March 24th. Build did not change status until April 8th (Dealer allotments reset on the 7th). I now have a VIN and build date - April 28th. So I figure middle to end of May, which is pretty much what I expected.

Some (like Chris - earlier poster) got their vehicle really quick - but it was most likely because the dealer kept a couple of "open" allotments - i.e. non-configured trucks, with a scheduled build date for customers that walk in and purchase. I believe options can be changed close to the scheduled build date, as long as they are not major, which keeps the scheduled build date.

The dealer I went to was not as high volume, but could offer me a better price - but I don't think they had any March Allotments left.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered a 1500 Longhorn on 15th of March, and have heard nothing. Think I will visit my salesman today and make sure he didn't take his wife out with my down payment.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I ordered a 1500 Longhorn on 15th of March, and have heard nothing. Think I will visit my salesman today and make sure he didn't take his wife out with my down payment.
You should have received a build sheet, and a VON from the dealer at the very least. You also need to make sure they have it listed as "Sold Order" and not inventory. It should also be priority 99 (customer order). Those trucks have priority in terms of build.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts