RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Good upgrade, they flow better than the Laramie insert. I went with the Laramie Longhorn insert for better flow and stick with chrome.

The contrast between the black and chrome looks real good on your truck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Beautiful truck, very clean and well proportioned - like it should have come from the factory with that stance.

@bountyhunter - do you have a picture of your truck with the longhorn grill? - I'm assuming it's the RAM design. I'm contemplating doing the same thing to improve airflow and change the look up a bit.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful truck, very clean and well proportioned - like it should have come from the factory with that stance.

@bountyhunter - do you have a picture of your truck with the longhorn grill? - I'm assuming it's the RAM design. I'm contemplating doing the same thing to improve airflow and change the look up a bit.
Mahalo brah! My truck thanks you for compliment.... Yes I totally agree with the opinion that these trucks should be built with a more truck like stance and waaaaay less rake!

Aloha

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here's one for sale.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I keep looking at your truck and thinking "what could have been". I was very close to buying a silver truck - ended up purchasing a white one instead (no regrets, I'm very happy with the color choice). It's lifted about the same height as yours, using the same wheels and what appears to be the same size wheel spacers.

If you do any towing, I don't think I'd be the only one interested in hearing if the new grill lowered your temps any.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep looking at your truck and thinking "what could have been". I was very close to buying a silver truck - ended up purchasing a white one instead (no regrets, I'm very happy with the color choice). It's lifted about the same height as yours, using the same wheels and what appears to be the same size wheel spacers.

If you do any towing, I don't think I'd be the only one interested in hearing if the new grill lowered your temps any.
I own a 28 foot Jayco JayFlight TT and am yet to tow it with my Eco. It's about 6500 pounds loaded up. Hopefully it happens this summer and I will definitely do a full report on my experience. And yes I think there should be a cooling advantage with the honeycomb grill. Bright Metalic Silver and white were my 2 choices....I like how they clean up and hide scratches

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'd love to see some pics of your rig....

Cheers!

·
Registered
158 Posts

@iselmes... reposted from the show your rig towing thread. If all goes well, I may be switching out the grill for a limited grill soon. Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

@iselmes... reposted from the show your rig towing thread. If all goes well, I may be switching out the grill for a limited grill soon. Cheers!
That is one sweet looking Eco! Love your stance.....what have you got for suspension upgrades?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the kind words!

The truck has a BDS 6" lift with the 5" coil options in the rear. Bilstein 5100s set at 2.1" minus the preload spacer that comes with the BDS kit, Mevotech upper control arms, and Bilstein 5100s out back as well. The truck also has Timbergrove airbags, which I am really really happy with.

I think the truck would benefit from a firmer ride up front, as the stock coils and valving of the 5100s are too soft for the bags and coils in the back... It makes the front end of the truck feel springy - I plan on bumping the Bilseins up to the 2.8" setting to put a little more preload on the coils to see if it tightens it up a bit. It's the more economical way of getting a firmer ride vs. going with a coilover from Icon, Fox, or King.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind words!

The truck has a BDS 6" lift with the 5" coil options in the rear. Bilstein 5100s set at 2.1" minus the preload spacer that comes with the BDS kit, Mevotech upper control arms, and Bilstein 5100s out back as well. The truck also has Timbergrove airbags, which I am really really happy with.

I think the truck would benefit from a firmer ride up front, as the stock coils and valving of the 5100s are too soft for the bags and coils in the back... It makes the front end of the truck feel springy - I plan on bumping the Bilseins up to the 2.8" setting to put a little more preload on the coils to see if it tightens it up a bit. It's the more economical way of getting a firmer ride vs. going with a coilover from Icon, Fox, or King.
Very nice setup...BDS is the sh#t. I'm running Bilstein 6112 coilovers up front and they offer a very firm ride on the max setting (2.3) specifically set for EcoDiesel's and their heavier front end. Bilstein 5100's out back with Eibach 1" lift coils, Timber Grove Bags, and a 1.5 Zone body lift to finish things off. One thing I always forget to mention is the addition of the Helwig Sway Bar....this thing is a best bang for your buck upgrade.....makes my truck handle like a sports car in the tight turns on the middle setting....practically ZERO body roll.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts