RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have been reading a lot of posts on this site for the past few weeks. I am so close to pulling the trigger on a new ED. Ive got to say this place is pretty cool. I learned about the difference between the big horn and outdoorsman (still dont know which one I want yet) and the engine heater option for $99 that is already installed. I have been a truck lover all my life. My first truck was purchased in 2009- was a 06 silverado 4x4 WT. Moving up from a work truck with AM/FM to one of these new ED's is a massive jump up. So many cool gagets and toys. The WT currently for sale to fund my new purchase. I drive a bit so the ED milage will a great positive for me. I look forward to reading the posts and contributing where I can.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that from a movie or show?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you rack up a lot of miles then the Ecodiesel is what you want for comfort and fuel economy. Go with the highest trim level you can afford. You won't be sorry, more toys!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup. Im stuck between the outdoorsman and the bighorn.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got back from a trip to Lake of the Woods in Minnesota, over 2500 total miles driven and averaged right around 27mpg. You'll like the bump in the fuel economy and it rides like a car, only a lot higher up! ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant wait to pull the trigger on one. Hopefully this time next month I will have one. I wish selling my old truck would happen faster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts