RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want one of these now ED's but for now it remains a pipe dream, so instead I'll just hang around here and learn all about it until the day comes I can afford it.

I look forward to living vicariously through you all. ;)

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
So check out the Firkins Ram website. Wife just showed me two more ecodiesels they have coming in. What is nice is they advertise discounts of 6 grand or so and say something about checking with them for more.

It's the stuff of dreams. Now work and make your dreams happen.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So check out the Firkins Ram website. Wife just showed me two more ecodiesels they have coming in. What is nice is they advertise discounts of 6 grand or so and say something about checking with them for more.

It's the stuff of dreams. Now work and make your dreams happen.
Thanks, I checked it out but doing the math on the trim level they have I'd still be sitting on $785/mo payment or so. My current ram payment before I paid it off was $311. Truck is probably simply out my range with my current income, I'm young. Maybe someday, but it's hard to give up something already paid for, when the replacement comes at over twice the expense.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I hear that, debt sucks! If your truck is working fine, it's a good idea to keep it and not bury yourself in debt!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks, I checked it out but doing the math on the trim level they have I'd still be sitting on $785/mo payment or so. My current ram payment before I paid it off was $311. Truck is probably simply out my range with my current income, I'm young. Maybe someday, but it's hard to give up something already paid for, when the replacement comes at over twice the expense.
You might have a large arse, but your head is screwed on right. ;) there is always going to be another model year, and each one brings improvements. The used market will see a few of these trucks, and almost all will be well cared for if the first gen owners are any indication. Some will float up as people decide it's not the truck for them, too.

Bottom line, no need to jump now, land in a massive debt pile, only to realize the 2016 refresh has more appeal to you. ;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
2017 is the next redo (MY)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea but with a whole new platform comes a whole new series of untested parts as well. I look forward to the day RAM makes their trucks a lot lighter, either through aluminum or other means, the curb weight of these trucks is getting pretty outstanding. Even my single cab 3.7L V6 is like 5K.

As for my arse, I'm actually a really small guy so it was a high school nickname as a joke since I had no arse at all. :p

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yea but with a whole new platform comes a whole new series of untested parts as well. I look forward to the day RAM makes their trucks a lot lighter, either through aluminum or other means, the curb weight of these trucks is getting pretty outstanding. Even my single cab 3.7L V6 is like 5K.

As for my arse, I'm actually a really small guy so it was a high school nickname as a joke since I had no arse at all. :p
Far TMI!

...and word is RAM will once again raise the bar. Since Ford went aluminum, RAM is going with titanium welds and pixie dust. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts