RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum so if this is not allowed please let me know. I am very desperate for info.

I have a 2013 dodge ram sport, I had to change the engine last october and had issues since, my new issue has left me dead in my tracks. everything was fine, went and picked up my daughter from work and parked in my yard, went out today to start it and it says "vehicle not in park" and it really was but was not detecting any gear change that i did, plugged in a code reader and had 0 codes even tho the check engine light was on. so i pushed the erase code button anyways just for the hell of it and shut it down and redid the whole process. my gear selector on the dash then returned to its white color and detected that it was in park so i decided to put it in neutral and reverse and it detected them all. So i put it back in park and tried to start it and nothing, as soon as i did this the gear selector on the dash screen turned yellow and would not detect any gear again and says "vehicle not in park" and also now a new one "service 4wd system" i am lost. anyone have insight or info or anything? lol thank you

·
Registered
512 Posts
Vehicle not in park is Ram's ass-backwards way of telling you a door is open. Try opening and closing all doors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vehicle not in park is Ram's ass-backwards way of telling you a door is open. Try opening and closing all doors.
really? i was always able to start my truck before with my door open. i will check this now, will let u know in 10 mins

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just rechecked all my doors and tried again and now the "service 4wd system" pops up and still no start lol i havent used my 4wd since january lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have a connector issue but im not sure if the 2013 have the same large connector on the inside of the frame rail.
would you happen to have the name of the connector so i could maybe do some research? i really dont want to bring it to the dealer since here the dealer is (115$ cad) an hour lol

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
would you happen to have the name of the connector so i could maybe do some research? i really dont want to bring it to the dealer since here the dealer is (115$ cad) an hour lol
Unfortunately I dont since this is a diesel site and you have a hemi. But if you follow the wiring from the transmission you well find it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I’d bet you have more than one problem. I have a hard time believing a service 4wd light would keep it from starting.

When you say it won’t start, does it crank?

Does your truck have the 4wd Auto transfer case?

Did you have a dealer replace the engine?

If the MIL is on, there is a code somewhere. Probably need a better scanner to find it. AlfaOBD would be a good investment if you are trying to avoid the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’d bet you have more than one problem. I have a hard time believing a service 4wd light would keep it from starting.

When you say it won’t start, does it crank?

Does your truck have the 4wd Auto transfer case?

Did you have a dealer replace the engine?

If the MIL is on, there is a code somewhere. Probably need a better scanner to find it. AlfaOBD would be a good investment if you are trying to avoid the dealer.

will not start just a small tic sound and thats it, the dealer did replace the engine (very poorly with issues 5 times after for things they did) which also cost a total of 11k canadian, the check engine light is on with no code on it, my friend had a code reader i believe it was a OBD2 reader ( its what he uses on his ram). its very odd, the check engine light is always there but the "service 4wd system" and "vehicle not in park" error in the dash come and go. like earlier it did not want to start but no error message just a check engine light. and now it is saying not in park but no 4wd service lol im waiting for the tow truck to ship it off to the dealer unfortunetly. since the engine died on me at 147 000km i have had 5 issues with the job done by the dealer, in all so far i have put around 14k $$ in it with new motor and fix issues they created but refused to cover. i am so very beat down and now broke lmao lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Have you talked to FCA about your problems? They might be able to help. Might also try a different dealer if at all possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Have you talked to FCA about your problems? They might be able to help. Might also try a different dealer if at all possible.

yeah i spoke to them, they told me that they are sorry but theres nothing they can do and they have 0 power over dodge dealerships... which i found odd lol i was told that my new engine is 5 year warranty and only at that dealer so im sorta stuck at the same dealer if its possible engine issues :( my truck is at the dealer now so i will repost what the issue is when i find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts