RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought home my Bighorn quad cab yesterday. I sold a 2002 Ranger and a 2005 Subaru Outback having decided to consolidate to one vehicle. Got tired of maintaining and insuring and parking two vehicles and hence the Ram becomes my daily driver as well as my chore truck. I must say I am amazed how nice this vehicle is. I don't even like country but couldn't help listening to Johnny Cash on the way home in between Neil Young tunes and mostly listening to how quiet the ride is..That said i disagree with those that compare to a luxury car ride. it is still a pick up albeit a very nice one and I am quite happy with it. It was a big jump for me to go back to Detroit as the only check engine lights I have seen in my vehicles has been the Ranger. My Subarus, Honda and variety of Toyotas rarely saw a mechanic. I will hope for the best in that regard. I also live in Northern Minnesota and worry about cold weather starting but I note many Canadian members so if it works for them it will work for me. I got the ramboxes which was one of the main reasons I chose Ram in addition to the fuel economy which I realize is a slow payback but psychologically well worth it to me. The new tech and electronics are incredible and the 9 speaker system really sounds well using USB to iphone or XM radio. Power and acceleration seems amazing to me, brakes are magnificent and the rear seat fold up with the flip out flat floor makes a great dog kennel. Ordered Kryptek Typhon seat covers from Marathon and definitely need step bars and rear bed step. I think I attached a photo.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts