RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am five months into ownership and have been lurking here for awhile.

Definitely enjoying the truck so far, coming from a Ford F-150 5.0L that was getting 13-16 mpg most of the time I owned it. I'm getting good numbers around town back and forth to work, and good highway numbers at 55-65 mph; 24-25 mpg. When I go 80 mph on all the interstates around here, I get 21-22 or so depending on the wind.

I've added some OEM running boards and black rims as well as some mud flaps for the country driving I do. I decided to Plastidip the emblems for the time being as I didn't have the courage to completely remove them just yet.

I recently did my first oil change at home and changed the fuel and air filter as well. I used Shell Rotella T6 purchased locally and the filters off Amazon. It was extremely straight forward, especially with all of the community help and videos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/36093525786/
image1.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Welcome from the North East! Nice looking truck.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Welcome to the hood !

·
Super Moderator
2,608 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I came across a "before" that I saved on my phone when I was looking at buying. Just a little bit different then until now.

dealer photo 1.jpg

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
One thing you sure can do in South Dakota is put on some miles. There's lots of space and roads to ride on, if the motorcycles don't get in your way early next month.

Enjoy the truck and Welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts