RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this wheel? It's a new wheel from Method for 2014.

ram2500-methodmeshwheel.jpg

methodmeshwheel-black.jpg

I think it has a simple/tough looking design. I'm not sure about all of the chrome bolts surrounding the wheel. Do you think that's to much?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The bolts are a simulated bead lock. I like the look, assuming it's for drag racing, or off-road.

Personally... I think black wheels look bad though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like it. I am lifting mine 6 inches when lifts become available for the diesel. I will put some nice wheels on too. I am torn between wheels if ill go Black or Chrome. Chrome I like better I think.. I like the black too. it has been growing on me!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do they come in 17"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are also available with a machined face. The weight of the wheels don't seem that bad either.

17x8.5 - 27.5 lbs
18x9 - ?
20x9 - 34 lbs

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I picked up Method Standard for mine (17x8.5 0 offset) in the standard machine finish (not just the face, the whole wheel). They are a fairly simple design such as these. Method makes some good looking wheels. The simulated beadlock look isn't cheap, they are real SS bolts. None of that plastic crap.

They're cast, not forged, so sure I could probably have some lighter wheels but they would have cost a lot more.
These wheels with some LT285/75R17E A/T are going to weigh very close to, but slightly heavier than my 20x9 WRF wheels with stock SRA tires.
They're going to weigh a hell of a lot less than my original plans for the truck, which were the WRF wheels with some LT285/65R20E A/T tires. Those stock 20x9 are HEAVY.
So depending what wheels you're coming from, you might not be all that bad on weight.

Reactions: olbedhead

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I'm not a fan of fake parts - ie bead locks or things that make turbo sounds despite not having a turbo.

personally i'm a brushed aluminum/chrome fan myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts