RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. Is there any new performance data comparisons available for the AEM version, stock version, and GDE tune version? I'm thinking specifically of torque and horsepower curves.

·
Vendor
1,174 Posts
We have no plans to test the AEM power/torque levels. FCA already did that and in the lawyer document they said it has not changed. Our power/torque curves are still the same and that is all the matters from our point of view.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We have no plans to test the AEM power/torque levels. FCA already did that and in the lawyer document they said it has not changed. Our power/torque curves are still the same and that is all the matters from our point of view.
Edit: Never mind. I just re-read the performance data page. You have a footnote on the FCA numbers stating that peak numbers are available for only 90 seconds. Cute. Real cute FCA, real cute.

Thank you.

So, if I read your site correctly the FCA numbers were 365 lb*ft peak torque. However, if I look up the numbers from back during the original sale they quoted 420 lb*ft. How does that work? Did they fib out of the gate on their numbers? What I'm trying to comprehend is the plot GDE shows on the site is significantly different in terms of stock and GDE numbers. I admit I don't understand automotive industry practices. I'm just trying to reconcile the differences.

If you don't have an answer that's fine.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Ram rates the power output at the engine. GDE measures it at the drive wheels of the vehicle. There is a bit of loss through the drive train.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ram rates the power output at the engine. GDE measures it at the drive wheels of the vehicle. There is a bit of loss through the drive train.

^^ That ^^

Look at the stock vs GDE horsepower and torque curves on GDE's site and compare those numbers - that's the real power that's being put down on the road. There's a significant increase in both curves at street level and that's what actually moves the truck.

There is parasitic power drain through the drivetrain experienced by all vehicles.

Bob

·
Registered
687 Posts
I dynoed my 2017 before and after the GDE tune on a Mustang Dyno. The graph on GDE's web site is very close, but I'm guessing GDE didn't use a Mustang Dyno, my numbers were about 5% lower, stock and tuned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts