RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live up here in central Canada ,I have a 2016 big horn with factory air suspension. It works awesome for the first three years. Last winter it froze up. I did some research on this system and it is not a closed loop system, one dealership offers a evacuation of the existing nitrogen air and add some airbrake antifreeze, I found that the system inhales some moist air , so there is a intake and outake air lines behind passenger taillight.i added about a ounce of airbrake antifreeze into the intake filter ran it up and down a few times. So this past winter it got cold -20f at times and did not have one problem. I guess this will part of my maintenance routine in the fall.i think the air suspension is awesome and nice when pulling my TT

·
Registered
404 Posts
An old coworker of mine had issues with the air up here as well. He planned to keep his truck long term so he dropped a few grand, had the air bags removed and coils put in.

Unless you live in a warmer climate and never see off pavement, air could be an option.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’ve got airlift bags in my 16. I also run a WD hitch. My Eco has been a great truck. Been tuned (GDE) since one year old and it makes a HUGE difference in drivability. Not a high horsepower boost but puts the power down where you need it. Tows my TT and gets better mileage doing so than my buddy’s 14 Hemi does running empty👍. On the highway sailing along at 75 she will break 30 mpg. Couldn’t be more satisfied with the truck.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts