RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new recall in the mail today.Y55, Side Air Bag Inflatable Curtain. Says the inflator could rupture and possibly cause injury. No parts yet and will mail again when parts are available.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Just got a new recall in the mail today.Y55, Side Air Bag Inflatable Curtain. Says the inflator could rupture and possibly cause injury. No parts yet and will mail again when parts are available.
Hi: namretsud... Here we go a gin!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
2015 Laramie 2WD
75 Posts
Just looked up my VIN. No new recall listed, yet.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I heard that Takata was going to have to another round of major airbag recalls. Wonder if this is part of that? One interesting thing is that my Mexican built VW was not included on any of the previous airbag recalls but my German built VW was. Took almost two years to get my Corolla fixed.

Here it is:
September 20, 2021: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration kicks off an engineering investigation into 30 million vehicles built by more than 20 car manufacturers between 2001 and 2019, among them Ford, General Motors, Honda, Stellantis (the parent company of Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Ram, and others), and Toyota. The investigation covers vehicles outside the existing recall that already has affected 67 million vehicles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have like 6 recalls pending on my truck. I just don't want to bring it in. I know they are going to F it up and i just need to get in a good place mentally to be able to handle it.
Hi shaggn85,
We suggest getting the recalls performed for your safety and convenience. If you would like assistance while at the dealer, we are happy to help via private messages.

Rob
Ram Cares

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
I can relate to what Shaggn85 said, after a number of bad experiences at the dealer, I'd rather grow 4 new wisdom teeth and have them pulled without novacaine. It's unfortunate that it happens but tends to curdle the milk real quick. How does one go to have the timing chain cover re sealed and end up with a broken oil pressure sensor and fuel regulator causing the truck to not start when I watched them drive it into the repair area.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I can relate to what Shaggn85 said, after a number of bad experiences at the dealer, I'd rather grow 4 new wisdom teeth and have them pulled without novacaine. It's unfortunate that it happens but tends to curdle the milk real quick. How does one go to have the timing chain cover re sealed and end up with a broken oil pressure sensor and fuel regulator causing the truck to not start when I watched them drive it into the repair area.
Hi: Petroller8D... Maybe it was "Slight of hand"!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Hi shaggn85,
We suggest getting the recalls performed for your safety and convenience. If you would like assistance while at the dealer, we are happy to help via private messages.

Rob
Ram Cares
You cant guarantee that my truck will come out alive. Ive had ram "techs" work on my truck.

Peruse the unacceptable number of coolant leaks after the members on this forum got their truck serviced etc... After the egr recall was done. My uncle has a 2018. Went back 3 times after an egr recall before it came out ok.

No thanks. I will take my chances.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You cant guarantee that my truck will come out alive. Ive had ram "techs" work on my truck.

Peruse the unacceptable number of coolant leaks after the members on this forum got their truck serviced etc... After the egr recall was done. My uncle has a 2018. Went back 3 times after an egr recall before it came out ok.

your dealer is lousy. I'm glad I don't live around there. My dealer has done everything without issue.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
your dealer is lousy. I'm glad I don't live around there. My dealer has done everything without issue.
Which one? There are 3 near me. All suck.

One didnt finish reassembling my intake system before starting my truck and handing it back to me.

The other stranded me at the dealership for 4 hours because they didnt have the required oil for the ecodiesel. They put my truck up... Drained the oil, then went oops. They refused to go next door to the auto parts store to get the oil.. it had to come from ram.

Another f'd up my AEM requiring 2 visits to flash and reflash again.

I love my truck. I hate ram dealers and service.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,358 Posts
I heard that Takata was going to have to another round of major airbag recalls.
Takata only exists in name and is supposed to "go away" once the last round of air bag recall replacements were done. You have to wonder if there's problems with other brands of inflators and the problem hasn't been brought to light yet.
Takata was bought up by Joyson Safety systems

·
Registered
146 Posts

Hi shaggn85,
If you ever end up addressing this with your local Ram dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Ram Cares

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Hi shaggn85,
If you ever end up addressing this with your local Ram dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Ram Cares
Can you make sure that an actual diesel mechanic works on my truck? Not just a guy that passed a 2 day ecodiesel class?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts