RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
He certainly liked it. Some humor, too:

:D The quietest pickup they have tested, but half the reason to own a diesel is the sound so he would remove the engine insulation.

:D No problem overloading it, which we all do, but you didn't hear that from him.

He did miss the weight, though. True that the engine is only 100 lbs heavier than the Hemi but the emissions system adds another 150 lbs which reduces the payload compared to a similar Hemi.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I liked it and the other reviews he's done. He actively compares them side by side instead of having to go find the video of ford or chevy to figure out what they are like.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
He certainly liked it. Some humor, too:

:D The quietest pickup they have tested, but half the reason to own a diesel is the sound so he would remove the engine insulation.

:D No problem overloading it, which we all do, but you didn't hear that from him.

He did miss the weight, though. True that the engine is only 100 lbs heavier than the Hemi but the emissions system adds another 150 lbs which reduces the payload compared to a similar Hemi.
But the GVW on the diesels are 150lbs higher than the Hemi.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is kind of an old video...it's what I was citing as my source for mileage-with-trailer. Youtube people love to re-submit other people's work lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take your word for it but I was referring to the 72 hour tow test article, not the YouTube video that I started the tread with long ago. I thought I had seen them all... I guess not :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts