RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  ncskibum 
#1 ·
Hey fellas. I got the Hooke Road roof rack the other day and got it put on yesterday. It came with lights (although they’re likely cheap Chinese knock off lights and they didn’t come with a wiring harness), but I’m going to use them anyways until they burn out and then I’ll switch over to a better light. I bout 2 Pro Comp wiring harnesses because I’m going to wire the 4 front lights to one harness and the 4 side lights to the other harness (the guy at the shop told me I shouldn’t have an issue running 4 of these lights to 1 harness considering it is a 2-way harness). I’m just wondering the best way to run the wires. Should I run it down the seal next to the windshield? I’m a little concerned that both sets of harnesses won’t fit in the drivers side windshield seal. I want to do the driver’s side because of the battery location obviously. Thanks in advance and here are some pictures of the rack.

See less See more
#6 ·
Don't you have a shark fin antenna on the roof, toward the rear, why not use it's hole and seal it with clear sealant, messing with the windshield seal might be the start of problems.

Reactions: Smeegle
#9 · (Edited)
That's a tidy looking setup!

I wish I'd known about those style of roof racks before dumping a bunch of money into Yakima stuff, and drilling more holes than necessary into my roof :-(

#10 ·
i came to this forum just today, and in looking for accessories for running boards / drop steps / nerf bars whatever they are called now a days, i saw your truck's steps and really like them. where did you get them / what model.
i have a white 2016 1500 crew with 6'4" bed and believe the welded lower drop steps are more functional with kids than just a running board or oval with plastic flat step.

i have white with a lot of chrome all over the truck, apparently thats just how it is, so i'm looking for chrome or stainless drops, but this seems harder to find than black. and people tell me the chrome or ss will rust with salt and sand in virginia. hopefully good quality will not.

lmk! thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.