RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a week or so and decided to register. I am retired and restore, and haul, early to mid-60s era muscle cars as a hobby. I haul them to shows, etc. in a 24' enclosed trailer with an f250 5.4 gas engine truck. Total haul weight for me is 7500-8000 lbs. but pushing the wind is as big a deal as the weight. The 5.4 does OK on flats but as any of you who haul know it really huffs and puffs going through the hills in Georgia, Tennessee, the 'Carolinas, etc. I'm due a new truck this year so want to watch experiences with this new Ram Ecodiesel. I'm especially interested in what buyers may experience hauling cars from areas like Birmingham Al to Louisville Ky, or Montgomery Al to Charlotte NC, etc. with some pretty fair size hills on the trip. I'm not asking any questions with this introduction since there are a number of threads on hauling already and there will be more to come.

I almost bought a new Duramax last week, which I would have loved I have no doubt, but why spend that much for that much power when this new Ecodiesel may be enough for me? + these are very nice trucks.

Nice forum you have here.

John

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
John. There's a guy on here that also hauls cars with his. Think they are race cars but not sure right now. Tired brain.

Look at the hauling posts and welcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sportsguy our daughter and her husband live in Bothell.

Captainmal there is a poster who said he was going to do a test run pulling a car hauler I think it was and he hasn't came back with his results yet; he may be the one you are thinking of. I will look.

Here is a picture of a '63 Catalina that came back from paint last week and I will start putting the trim back on next week probably. Sorry no AMCs although they did some neat cars. I'm mainly Pontiac but I like them all.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am hauling my 20' enclosed car hauler loaded with about 6000 pounds? of cabinetry on Monday. Some grades to pull and some flat highway. I'll try and record both and report back. I was able to get 17.6 with that trailer empty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts