RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From in the Thumb area in Michigan. Looking to pick up my first Ecodiesel. A 2018 Ram Bighorn. Not 100% knowledgable about diesels. Learning as I go. Trying to find ways to make my investment last as long as possible. Long term investment was how I sold this to the boss (my wife who is an accountant and CHEAP!).

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
You'll probably get a few suggestions to get a GDE tune at least you can take a road trip to Commerce Charter Twp :-D Bring cash... probably best not to say anything to the boss..lol.
Where about in the Thumb are you? I go hunting in Filion/Bad Axe area.

·
Super Moderator
2,534 Posts
Welcome. You can learn plenty about the ED right here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll probably get a few suggestions to get a GDE tune at least you can take a road trip to Commerce Charter Twp :-D Bring cash... probably best not to say anything to the boss..lol.
Where about in the Thumb are you? I go hunting in Filion/Bad Axe area.
I am in Berlin Twp. Just south of Capac. About an hour from Bad Axe

·
Registered
12,981 Posts
You’d sure attractedthe”bigshots” of this forum. Welcome.

Saw a big buck this morning at my place in Georgia. Also saw a hunter with a few hundred acres near me and his new 2018 Ecodiesel. He has GDE when we met on a trail road hauling our tractors. That is what we talked about. The nicest people have Ecodiesel. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Read a lot, take good care of your truck and it will take care of you.

The search function on the forum is mediocre, give it a shot with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Yep, GDE is the way to go. Mine runs so much better with it. One way to sell it to the boss is that it will pay for itself in 3-4 years with the increased gas mileage. (this is what I did ;) )

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome! I have a 2018 that I've had for about a year and had zero problems. I do not have GDE, but definitely will at some point. Great info here on the forum. For what it's worth, my wife has been anti-diesel for years because of the smell and noise (which this truck has neither). When I asked her to test drive this one, she was amazed and now I have to fight her for it. I generally end up driving her MDX.....Happy wife, happy life...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! I have a 2018 that I've had for about a year and had zero problems. I do not have GDE, but definitely will at some point. Great info here on the forum. For what it's worth, my wife has been anti-diesel for years because of the smell and noise (which this truck has neither). When I asked her to test drive this one, she was amazed and now I have to fight her for it. I generally end up driving her MDX.....Happy wife, happy life...
Yeah, she is just more or less against spending money. She's not just our accountant, but is actually an accountant. So spending money is not something we do often HAHA. But, we had either the change to buy out a lease I had for a Silverado 1500 that was a pretty decent deal to buy out. But when I showed her the savings for the diesel (with no tune) compared to the Silverado, and the longevity factor, she was sold. And then she got to drive it, so shes super jealous. She lovers her Buick, but I can see her wanting to drive the Ecodiesel as often as possible.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome from Maine! 1 thing that I suggest:read the owner's manual, it's free. You have plenty of time to get the GDE tune, but coming from a "cheap bastid= me" the GDE tune was some of the best money that I have spent. Best thing that I did for my Ram, however, was join this forum!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts