RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

First time ever posting on this forum and it wont be the last lol i have many questions, really like it so far full of information. just bought a pre owned ecodiesel a few months back good until def codes popped up "reductant pump" and some others cant remember smh then started with the whole "engine will not restart after X miles". Bought a brand new pump from mopar haven't installed it yet only because when i was down there i saw a corroded wire so i cut it out replaced it and had the codes deleted, waiting for now to see what happens but im still certain the pump is out the def gauge hasn't moved at all while idling it smells like def mixture with something else but its really strong idk if thats regular diesel exhaust or what. Can driving without def hurt the engine? also any advice on how to install the new pump? keep looking online but cant find anything. Im saving for a gde tune at the moment seen a few threads about it so far good news mostly but wanted any current opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
DEF gauge move very slowly, get around 1000 mpg with DEF. It has no affect on engine peformance, it's an exhaust treatment.

Reactions: Ace_1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DEF gauge move very slowly, get around 1000 mpg with DEF. It has no affect on engine peformance, it's an exhaust treatment.
Appreciate it, if the cel comes back on then am I good to just keep deleting the code you think?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Def is an aftertreatment to clean up the gasses. It can be turned off by tuners but is illegal, just like speeding but we all do it. Had mine shut off when the repair bill was 3x the price of tuning. go figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts