RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First truck every owned, first diesel ever owned. Been kicking around ND for the past 10 years and before that was in Japan for 8 years in the USMC. Been a heavy equipment tech for the past 18 years. Ended up trading in our '19 Jeep trailhawk hemi for a RAM 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel. Loved the grunt my hemi Jeep had, especially when towing our ~6500lbs travel trailer but with the market the way it is, we were able to turn in our Jeep early with 1 year still on the lease and STILL had $8k of equity in it towards the Ram, which is the main reason I turned it in, and oh yea, cuz the Jeeps city mpg of 13mpg is worse than our Rams TOWING highway mpg of 14 馃ぃ was also pushing the limits of the Jeeps payload capacity. Not looking to put much into this, since honestly, its a damn good truck as it sits. We ended up getting a Bighorn because that was all our dealership had in stock, so we did miss out on a few things, mainly having 4 corner airbags (our Jeep had this and it was a lot more comfortable towing our trailer)
I do miss having passing power, the Jeep could very easily pass when towing, this Ram, nah, better have a few miles of clear road haha
First few upgrades which I will start separate post for are new LED headlight assemblies, a tune and maybe a CAI or aftermarket box if that'lll give me a little more turbo noise.
We bought this mid June and have already 7k miles on it, interested to see how it handles -30f ambiant temps this winter.
Only real complaint I have is the total dogshit of an a/c system it has. **** that a/c system. Seriously.
Here a few pics and our old Jeep
Wheel Sky Cloud Car Vehicle

Old Jeep
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

Premium Member
Welcome. That trailer looks like it would be closer to 7500#.

The Grand Cherokee spoiled me with air suspension so it was a must-have on my Laramie.

Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
Nice looking setup!

What year is your new Ecodiesel? Your towing mileage is about what I got when I owned my 2017 Ecodiesel, it was GDE tuned and ran real nice for towing. I moved into a 2021 2500 Cummins last April, sort of why you did, used vehicles were commanding some big numbers.

Welcome!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking setup!

What year is your new Ecodiesel? Your towing mileage is about what I got when I owned my 2017 Ecodiesel, it was GDE tuned and ran real nice for towing. I moved into a 2021 2500 Cummins last April, sort of why you did, used vehicles were commanding some big numbers.

Welcome!
It's a 2021. I might try out their tune when its released. Not so much for the power gain but some of the other features of the tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts