RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,518 Posts
They are the best.

My new truck came in with a set just like that but they are FCA provided. Never really looked at who make them but sure looks like FCA copied the WeatherTech design.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie ECO 3:92 4X4 33gal tank
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If mine would have had that option I would have never gotten the weather techs. The only difference I can see between the FCA and weather tech matts is in the rear. The weather tech design goes all the way under the rear seats.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I've always been a Husky fan, but those WeatherTech liners look nice, too. Unless I'm mistaken, black is the only 2020 color offered in the Husky whereas WeatherTech offers black, cocoa, tan, and grey. Since my truck will have the lighter interior color, either cocoa or tan would look better than black.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had them all and I gotta' say, these Mopar liners are really good. The WeatherTech is also really good, as are the Michelin EdgeLiners. Not a big fan of the Husky or others that are similar.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,412 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, black is the only 2020 color offered in the Husky whereas WeatherTech offers black, cocoa, tan, and grey. Since my truck will have the lighter interior color, either cocoa or tan would look better than black.
Unless Weathertech has starting offering a different material for their floor mats, they're a hard plastic that your feet tend to slide around on. The HuskyLiner X-Act Contour are more of a rubber material and even when wet there isn't that slickness to them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Unless Weathertech has starting offering a different material for their floor mats, they're a hard plastic that your feet tend to slide around on. The HuskyLiner X-Act Contour are more of a rubber material and even when wet there isn't that slickness to them.
You're correct. The Husky liner are softer and more comfortable. As you mentioned, it's possible that WeatherTech has changed their liners in the last few years, but unlike Husky, they don't mention the softer rubber compound on their website. Every vehicle we've purchased in the last 15 years have had Husky liners and I couldn't be happier with their durability and function.

I called Husky a few minutes ago and asked about their color selection. She was a little surprised by the limited color selection, but confirmed that BLACK was the only offering at this time for the Ram 1500. I told her that my truck had a brown interior and BLACK would not look as good. She said they can run them in COCOA. She took my name and number and was going to see if they could run the liners in cocoa sooner than later.

I'm in no hurry since my truck is still stuck in "D" status. Everyone says the Mopar liners are nice, but my truck will come with the Longhorn package liners. I could be wrong, but I don't remember the factory Longhorn liners having the same coverage as an aftermarket liner.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,412 Posts
I called Husky a few minutes ago and asked about their color selection. She was a little surprised by the limited color selection, but confirmed that BLACK was the only offering at this time for the Ram 1500. I told her that my truck had a brown interior and BLACK would not look as good. She said they can run them in COCOA. She took my name and number and was going to see if they could run the liners in cocoa sooner than later.
It would interesting to know if they'll offer colored ones in the X-Act Contour mats, I think those are only black(subject to verification). Their Weatherbeater line of mats which are a firmer were available in colors.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It would interesting to know if they'll offer colored ones in the X-Act Contour mats, I think those are only black(subject to verification). Their Weatherbeater line of mats which are a firmer were available in colors.
Correct. I called and asked specifically about the X-Act Contour liners. She thought they could run them in cocoa, but said she would call me back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts