RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forum Members,
I love my 2020 Ram Limited. I love it more with the BDS 4" lift for air shocks, 35s and Fuel rims. As I investigated lifting, BDS expressed concerns with the 2020 RAM driveshafts and were not certifying as they had prior models. Anyone got information on driveshaft issues? Replacement builds?

Thoughts... Thanks!
CigarXO

·
Registered
235 Posts
This may not be applicable to your question, but I just installed a new front driveshaft from Adams on my 2018 ecodiesel. When I got my 6" lift installed there was no warning listed on the BDS website. While killing time a little while ago, I revisited the BDS website and saw a new warning about needing a front driveshaft on ecodiesel models.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is what BDS had to say about why the front driveshaft needed to be changed out (note that this is for a 2018 ecodiesel, YMMV).

The CV portion of the drive shaft will lose grease and start to clunk and make a bunch of noise. This needs to be converted to a dual cardon joint. I have heard that Adams drive shaft and Drivelines plus in Indiana have been working on these to address this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts